I need help

Thread: I need help

Exclamation I need help

Sooooo I just got back from a near by guitar center, and am having massive technical problems, and the other forums i've checked are just a FLOOD of hundreds of people with the same problem(s), and none of the solutions work. I'm hoping that someone here can help me out with this. also sorry if off topic isn't the place for this. i'm new here.

I purchased the following
    Novation Launchpad
    Korg Nanopad 2
    Korg NanoKontrol 2

I followed the instructions with the nanopad and nanokontrol first. Installed the software as instructed. updated drivers as instructed. the lights light up correctly, but they don't work. Here's what happens.

1. device gets plugged in
    2. windows detects that something has plugged in but it doesn't know what
    3. lights come on on the device
    4. Nothing else happens.

korg controller editor doesn't detect that the device is plugged in
    FL Studio does not detects that it is plugged in even if it isn't, but when it is, it doesn't recieve midi.
    I don't currently have other midi software installed (Lack of functioning DVD tray for the DVD that comes with launchpad)
    Windows device manager says everything is working fine, drivers are up to date, and nothing is wrong.

every fix I have found so far has said to Reboot, uninstall the korg drivers, Reboot again, go into registry and delete midi drivers and re-download them (not messing with registry, my midi drivers are fine, all my other stuff works fine, unless this broke everything) Reboot AGAIN, plug in the devices (which pulls up a driver instal dialog box not mentioned in the instructions) then install the generic usb audio driver for windows (which has different dialogue), Update it automatically with windows (different dialogue box, despite being the same version of windows), and reboot AGAIN. Then manually install the korg drivers (which has different dialogue despite being from THE SAME PAGE). THEN 'turn the device on'... well... just plugging the device in turns it on. there is no on/off switch.

After 3 hours of messing with JUST the nanopad and nanokontrol and having them not work at all, I gave up, and started installing drivers for launchpad (since the drivers are downloaded from their page anyway.)

Oddly enough Launchpad works *more or less* fine, except that the automap program doesn't affect FL Studio's reception of the midi sends. but it does at least WORK. i can use it like a piano or sort of for drums. and everyone I've heard talk about launchpad and FL at the same time is that its a pain to get to work... I got it to work right away, and I'm wondering why the korg stuff is such a pain.

TL : DR - not tech literate enough to do reg edits, fed up with rebooting & reinstaling several times times, need help with korg nanopad2 and korg nanokontrol2 on windows XP.

If I can't get it working I don't know what i'm going to do.

Okay, so... apparently the korg provided drivers broke all my midi devices except the launchpad. I returned the korgs and got an MPD18 with store credit. aaand It wasn't working either. I removed all the korg software that I could find... I now permanantly have korg in my controll panel... aaaand had to have windows auto-find the correct midi drivers TWICE, but now everything seems to be working.