Ableton 9 (Control Surface Scripting) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

happy to come across this. The xone k2 could use a script bad.

I'm still thinking BCR2000.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Hi guys ! I'm new in this forum and I have the next problem ):

I use Ableton 8 for producing beats and play live using a remote script (redbox) for the session view. Well yesterday I updated to Ableton Live 9 and I realised that the remote script that I used now doesn't works anymore in the Live9 ... and so

¿ Someone know how to " Update " my remote script of Live8 to Live9 ?
    or some possibility for this works in 9 ?

I hope someone can help me
    I really need to recover my script

Thanks !!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

This might come handy. http://djnsm.com/ableton-live-9-midi...now-available/

Did you write the script or are you using the generic redbox one?

Ok ! thanks !

mmmmm
    I'm using this
    https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=150674 (I have Akai mpd32)

A few days ago I found the link that you sent me, but the truth I don't understand absolutely nothing, I need to know Python ?

Thanks for the reply !

Hello all,

I just uploaded a script I made for the Spectra for use in Ableton Live 9.0.4. It is largely based on the original MF3D Launcher done by ghztomash, so the bulk of the credit goes to his hard work. I simply took parts from his, and a few other scripts, and modified them to work in Live 9.

You can download the file here: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1666

I hope you all enjoy!!

I am just getting into scripts, I was able to add a user script to make the 8 knobs on the VCM600 macro controllable, so any device selected the 8 knobs control it... Thats great! Other things about altering the script are still a little confusing.... What I am after now is making my VCM600's "Tempo Nudge" buttons to move the device selector Left and Right. (Similar to the Left and Right Arrows).... Anyone help at all? I have posted in a few forums and have not gotten any response... ??? THANK YOU!

I am teaching a class in control surface scripting as an advanced topic in Ableton live at CalArts in the new year!

Tech Convert

Default Behringer CMD DC 1

Anyone care to help write a script to make my rotary encoders 1 to 1 with Ableton instead of the 8 whole turns it takes at the moment?

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1970 View Post
    Hello all,

I just uploaded a script I made for the Spectra for use in Ableton Live 9.0.4. It is largely based on the original MF3D Launcher done by ghztomash, so the bulk of the credit goes to his hard work. I simply took parts from his, and a few other scripts, and modified them to work in Live 9.

You can download the file here: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1666

I hope you all enjoy!!
    Hey!

So I tried to modify this script to be used with my MPD24 and, of course, it didn't work...
    To try to pinpoint my mistake I retried but only modified the buttons to move the box:
    I replaced the notes in "MIDI_map.py" by the right one (in my case 116, 117 and 118) and in the main script I changed the channel (previously 3) by mine (0 which corresponds to channel 1)... I didn't made any other modification but... It still doesn't work : the RedBow doesn't appear :/

Any ideas on what my problem could come from?

An explanation on what main differences with Live 8 scripting are to notice would also be very useful... I remarked a few but I'm not sure...

Thanks in advance!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast