Ableton 9 (Control Surface Scripting) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Student

Hey!
    So I'm trying to adaptmjc1970's code to make a script for my MPD24 and until now I was succeeding (not without difficulties) but there is a problem that I couldn't solve.
    I want to use the faders on the mpd24 to control the volume of the redbox's tracks. I added the following line to the "for" loop used to set the arm/mute/select controls :
    strip.set_volume_control(SliderElement(MIDI_CC_TYP E, 0, index))
    But it didn't work.
    I also tried with
    self._mixer.selected_strip().set_volume_control(Sl iderElement(MIDI_CC_TYPE, 0, index))
    but still no results.

I can't find the log file so I'm not able to debug the script. I didn't forget to include the SliderElement library so I really don't get what I'm doing wrong...

Hope you can help me with that! Thanks in advance guys and thank you for all the decompiling work you've made

Hello guys, sorry if this is not the place, but i figure since you know about Midi Remote Script, maybe some of you can help me out with this:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=85105

I want to modify what the encoders of my controller do, without losing the rest of the functions it has.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    This might come handy. http://djnsm.com/ableton-live-9-midi...now-available/

Did you write the script or are you using the generic redbox one?
    Sorry to ask about something you posted so long ago. I figured moderators would prefer it to another post asking for a generic redbox.

So I downloaded the generic redbox one, you know, this one. As expected, it works on ableton 8, but not 9. Thing is, I can't for the life of me find what I need to change to adapt it. I'm a total n00b, so it's no surprise. I'm asking because I've spent 2 days trying to fix it and acomplished nothing. I can't even make the damn box appear.
    What do I need to change?

This might come handy. http://djnsm.com/ableton-live-9-midi...now-available/

Did you write the script or are you using the generic redbox one?

I'm using the generic redbox one and I have no idea how to port it to 9. Could someone give me a hand please?

Default Ableton 8

I decompiled the new _Framework library along with Push's script using uncompyle2 (you can use it to decompile any exsisting script and the edit them with Python or a regular text editor). These can be studied to create new scripts for your controllers, porting old ones to 9 or adapting existing ones to a different controller.

Scripts are written in Python 2.5 so I suggest you to use that version if you are going to use the app for editing purposes.

The benefits of scripting over regular MIDI mapping vary from having your map load with every new or existing project, controlling the red box (clip launching) or even breathe new air into your controllers with the possibility of adding shift layers and new functions such as scale mode. Some of it can be achieved with M4L but not everyone with a regular license is interested in paying extra money for it.

My intention by opening this thread is to create a place for people interested in the subject to find information, share tips and tricks and help each other on this very poorly documented subject.

If you are new to the subject you can get started by reading this blog.

Does this exist for Ableton 8?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by swolf View Post
    Hey!
    So I'm trying to adaptmjc1970's code to make a script for my MPD24 and until now I was succeeding (not without difficulties) but there is a problem that I couldn't solve.
    I want to use the faders on the mpd24 to control the volume of the redbox's tracks. I added the following line to the "for" loop used to set the arm/mute/select controls :

But it didn't work.
    I also tried with
    but still no results.

I can't find the log file so I'm not able to debug the script. I didn't forget to include the SliderElement library so I really don't get what I'm doing wrong...

Hope you can help me with that! Thanks in advance guys and thank you for all the decompiling work you've made
    you have spaces in there that shouldn't be there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123