Ableton 9 (Control Surface Scripting)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Lightbulb Ableton 9 (Control Surface Scripting)

I decompiled the new _Framework library along with Push's script using uncompyle2 (you can use it to decompile any exsisting script and the edit them with Python or a regular text editor). These can be studied to create new scripts for your controllers, porting old ones to 9 or adapting existing ones to a different controller.

Scripts are written in Python 2.5 so I suggest you to use that version if you are going to use the app for editing purposes.

The benefits of scripting over regular MIDI mapping vary from having your map load with every new or existing project, controlling the red box (clip launching) or even breathe new air into your controllers with the possibility of adding shift layers and new functions such as scale mode. Some of it can be achieved with M4L but not everyone with a regular license is interested in paying extra money for it.

My intention by opening this thread is to create a place for people interested in the subject to find information, share tips and tricks and help each other on this very poorly documented subject.

If you are new to the subject you can get started by reading this blog.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by padi_04; 04-30-2014 at 08:19 AM.

This is my favourite sticky in a while!

The rest of the controller scripts can be found here.

This is pasted from the QuNeo newsletter.

"KMI is proud to announce the availability of QuNeo version 1.2.2, which includes updated QuNeo and QuNeo Launchpad Emulator scripts for Ableton Live 9. Download 1.2.2 here: www.keithmcmillen.com/quneo/downloads

Continuing our efforts to enable programmers and hackers to customize QuNeo, 1.2.2 includes the uncompiled QuNeo and QuNeo Launchpad Emulator scripts for Ableton Live 8 and 9."

Managed to edit Livid's Base script for the Spectra and finally got it working! Now to change the layout around so it's actually usable.

Can I help you out?

I'll probably need a hand later on when I decide to remove all the excess code that won't be used (touchstrips, etc) and general optimization. I already adapted the button grid to the proper size, assigned it to the right controls, etc. Everything is working except for the redbox's color coding, somehow they still don't show properly even though I put the right values where they should be, probably the script is sending some Base exclusive MIDI back that is mixing stuff up.

My main objective was to get the scales modes working and the leds do update when you are scrolling through them so I'm quite happy .

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I'll probably need a hand later on when I decide to remove all the excess code that won't be used (touchstrips, etc) and general optimization. I already adapted the button grid to the proper size, assigned it to the right controls, etc. Everything is working except for the redbox's color coding, somehow they still don't show properly even though I put the right values where they should be, probably the script is sending some Base exclusive MIDI back that is mixing stuff up.

My main objective was to get the scales modes working and the leds do update when you are scrolling through them so I'm quite happy .
    Any progress on this? I just got my Spectra and this would be incredible to have.

It's still in alpha, I haven't dedicated as much time as I should in the past months.

What needs fixing before I release it:
    Show transpose as notes instead of numbers
    Move the secondary controls to the side buttons instead of them living on a second bank.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    It's still in alpha, I haven't dedicated as much time as I should in the past months.

What needs fixing before I release it:
    Show transpose as notes instead of numbers
    Move the secondary controls to the side buttons instead of them living on a second bank.
    Sounds great!! I look forward to the release!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast