How to make songs in Traktor Pro 2 louder? (Wave-form wise)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default How to make songs in Traktor Pro 2 louder? (Wave-form wise)?

Hi I need help in making certain songs louder in traktor without turning up the gain. I have a couple songs in my library that I really want to play out, and they're good quality but the audio levels of the tracks are super low. I dont want to crank up the gain cause it will just mess with my headroom and stuff. I need a software (preferably freeware) that will go in and make the tracks to their full potential w/o distorting it. For example, you can clearly tell when a song is going to be super low in Traktor when you load it up. The wave forms of the low sounding songs are wayyyy smaller than those of the super high quality "perfect" volume tracks. I attached a photo if you still dont get what I mean, but I really need help on this one. Anyone....helpppp please djtt question.jpg

As far as I know, you can't... you have to normalize them OUTSIDE of Traktor using other software.

Tech Convert

Well yeaah, thats what I meant. Im asking if anyone knows of a method or program that does this

I use "Platinum Notes" from "Mixed In Key" producers. Works really well! It goes through gain, dynamics, expansion, compression and pitch correction (for harmonic mixing). Though minor gain adjustments still needed from within Traktor from time to time. There are several settings/templates that can be downloaded from their website.
    Last edited by AntonP; 03-14-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Tech Mentor

Audacity is decent and free.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

I don't know what you mean by messing up your headroom, if the track is low the gain knob turns it up. Honestly, I don't understand why people use "normalizers", it takes 2 seconds to set the input gain for a track.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Are the tracks pirated or a really low bit quality. If not just turn up the gain.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Audacity

Then normalize

But traktor has double gain stage now...

Which is nice so why not leave auto gain on a tweak when u need?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

You are supposed to turn the gain up on the mixer for quiet tracks. Normalising the track will only degrade the sound quality and reduce the dynamics of the original song. How do you think people dealt with quiet records?
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    Are the tracks pirated or a really low bit quality. If not just turn up the gain.
    The OP won't answer that one, if he knows what is good for him *wink*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast