How can you easily and fairly inexpensively add visualization?
    Tech Wizard

Default How can you easily and fairly inexpensively add visualization?

I read the article about DIY visualization, but I'm wondering how do you actually project it? I ended up downloading MacroMeez and it seems really cool and I was just wondering how I could incorporate it into perfomances without spending lots big $$ on a projector and how otther DJTT'ers incorporate them in to performances!

What's your budget? They sell small, but powerful pocket projectors for anywhere from $200-$800 USD.
    http://soundcloud.com/kamcoolidge

VCI-400 EGE - Macbook Pro 13" - Traktor Pro 2 - Lots of Lights

Tech Wizard

Budget wise I'd say its probably around $200 or $300. Thanks for the suggestion of pocket projectors this looks like a viable option!

Sorry to hijack the thread here, but is there a way to run MacroMeez+mini projector on the same computer you mix on?

At the moment, im using an Old Xbox 360 linked to a projector as the visual's on that are pretty cool and can be controlled with a controller, but a smaller setup for houseparties and the like would be good.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Tech Wizard

Thats pretty much what I want to do if its possible. Hopefully someone is running a set up with something simular

Cheap projector nothing fancy, can keep you off your phone during you're set if that's an issue

http://lifehacker.com/5863761/build-...round-a-dollar

Tech Wizard

I'd reccomend looking in to something like MusicBeam. All you need is a projecter and an optional fog machine and your golden.
    Last edited by DJwindowsJedi; 03-16-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    TSP 2, 2x CDJ 850k, Kontrol Z2, HDJ 1500s