Numark X9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numark X9

Default Numark X9

Anyone used this mixer before? I was thinking about getting this and a maya44 or gigaport and maybe later a VCI-100. I know i could mix internally with the VCI but i would prefer to mix externally.

any opinions and/or advice welcome

Cheers

I can help you with this. I have a DXM09 - this is the same thing but a different color. IMO it is really good value. It has good effects and all the usual features you would expect on a mixer. The best thing about it is the really smooth crackle free 24 bit faders. Hope that helps.

Matt

thanks for the response Matt. Can i ask about the build quality of the mixer? Have you ever run into problems with the mixer and how long have you been using it. The reason for asking is that i've heard that there were a lot of faults with the DXM09 mixer. I would hope Numark addressed these faults with the X9.

I could forgo the X9 and get a second hand DXM09. It has all the features of the X9 but a different face. Only thing is its 2 years old! Wondering how these mixers last over time. Could anyone offer input into that option as well... i would really appreciate it.

Oh the DXM09 is going for €150 second hand!

Cheers lads

numark? and your wondering how these mixers do over time?

sorry to hop on that numark hatewagon but i'd personally get a used mixer from a "good" mixer company.

how about a used ecler nuo2 the older version?
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

For a budget mixer, the numark has quite the number of features. However, when working at GC i did get many returns for their products. They always seem to cut corners whereever possible
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

I have had mine for about 3 years with no problems at all.

it is well built for the money i paid. I personally wouldn't get a 2 year old one for the simple reason if you buy from a good retailer you will get a really good warranty so even if you get a friday afternoon one that keeps going wrong it will get exchanged. Mine was faulty out of the box but it was exchanged and has been perfect ever since.

Numark products are built to a budget, of that there is no doubt, but that said they are excellent value and sometimes electronic products go wrong. If the DXM09 suffered from all sorts of issues they would have discontinued it rather than bringing out a new version.

I agree with Charo, an Ecler Nuo2 is great but with its 2 channels and no effects I am not so sure it is really a comparative product.
    MBP + Traktor Pro, Audio4 DJ VCI100 se v1.3 rocks!!

Tech Mentor

I've had a DXM06 for a few years now no issues, however has only been casual use every now and then and now heavy cutting / scratching fader work. EQ kills work fine and I'm happy with the frequency overlap.
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

i wouldn't personaly get used mixer at all, not even Pioneer or Rodec one - unless it's from somebody you seriously know and can trust. Buying a used mixer from unknown source might be very dodgy, i heard some very scary stories (mixer looked fine, but almost everything needed replacement after a while because all faders were for purpose of selling oiled up or something, so they looked functional but just for a while etc.), and general repair might be worth of new mixer.:eek:
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

If it helps i wont be using the mixer for scratching. I'll only be mixing electro. The reason this mixer stands out from the others in the same price bracket are the in built effects and the handy EQ kills. I will be using Traktor for most of my effects however so im trying to decide would it be wise to forgo this mixer and get a better quality mixer without effects?

That said can anyone recommend any mixers in the same price range with at least 3 channels, kills and effects? The Numark one is the only one i could find

Tech Wizard

I have a DXM09 and a DXM03, had them both yrs, still works like new.Numark has a bad rep for faulty units, but ive never had one.The DXM03 is 4-5 yrs old and took some heavy use, i loved that mixer.Its my backup now because its so reliable.They are really good value for the price not many offer 24bit and effects.Sadly havent spun vinyl for awhile, time to dust off the stantons an don the wizards hat again lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast