hey which set up would you prefer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default hey which set up would you prefer?

hey guys i was thinking on getting a xone 4d but to spend 2500 i prefer to spend less money for something that would do the same and better!

my option were like a korg zero 4 + 2+1d that would be like 1300 really good for a nice setup what do you guys think do you think this set up would do the job ?

also i was thinking on only 1d and the korg zero8 im buying my setup in 2 weeks so i neeed your help

Are you buying it for me? Cos I'll take the 4d please. Thx.

i love the korg zero's, that's my vote.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Iv read the sound quality of the korg is inferior to the lovely sound of the allan & heath.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3 View Post
    Iv read the sound quality of the korg is inferior to the lovely sound of the allan & heath.
    Yea same here but suppostly the only one with the problems are the zero 8....the reason I would prefer the zero 4 with the 2 xone 1d is because most of the club won't have space for the xone 4d so I can just take the 2ds and a soundcard and connected to the club mixer with no problem

True, but i rarely had to take my mixer to the club. Personally, I want a mixer to be a mixer, and the best sounding possible. I've never been too crazy about digital mixers till reciently. My vote is the A&H hands down. You guys remember the old 2ch Korg Kaoss mixer? It was awesome but questionable in reliability. Yup, I'm still hesitant about their mixers.
    Last edited by chex; 08-25-2009 at 06:22 PM.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

dudes.... 6 posts and no mention of the VCM-600? tusk tusk

anyway the VCM is a solid piece of gear and i highly recommend it. it will cost a fraction of the price of a 4D, and have arguably more versatility. works great with both Traktor and Ableton or, as im doing, Traktor & Ableton together

fart.

Tech Mentor

Default *nods*

I'll second the VCM-600.

I was tossing up between the Korg Zero8 and the VCM-600: the Vestax won due to my having an audio interface already (Audio 8 DJ), not having Firewire and there being rumours about issues with the MIDI implementation (which have since been fixed, apparently).

The Xone 4D (or even 3D) are great, but something intangible (beyond the price factor) has me shying away from it.

With respects to the VCM-600: built like a freakin' tank. Works great with Traktor, works great with Ableton.

VCM-600 yumyum now thats a piece of gear that I want. But I dont think this is the setup that Luigi is going for. He wants to have an actual analog mixer where as the the VCM is only a digital mixer with no sound card, sure it mite work for Traktor and Ableton but for the dj's that want to take a little more traditional approach and beat match manually and pitch bend etc, the lack of jogs on the Vcm mite be kind of a turn off. To back up what I have always said "SAY NO TO OVERPRICED OVERSIZED MIXERS", plus your not a professional just yet where you have roadies to lug your gear around.

Tech Mentor

Default That's a point...

Quote Originally Posted by luigislaperig View Post
    hey guys i was thinking on getting a xone 4d but to spend 2500 i prefer to spend less money for something that would do the same and better!

my option were like a korg zero 4 + 2+1d that would be like 1300 really good for a nice setup what do you guys think do you think this set up would do the job ?

also i was thinking on only 1d and the korg zero8 im buying my setup in 2 weeks so i neeed your help
    @luigislaperig: 'j1n' has just had me realise.

What are you trying to achieve? Are you playing off a laptop? Using a DVS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast