Dj Gear & Road cases

Default Dj Gear & Road cases

hi,

I just recently purchased a Pioneer CDJ setup complete with a roadcase. I've been putting the lid back on the roadcase after using it, but one thing I've noticed though is that the foam on the lid seems to put a lot of pressure on the knobs on the mixer and the platters.

Is it bad for my CDJs/Mixer to constantly have the lid on when not in use? I only use it on weekends, so it spends most of its time with that pressure pushing down on everything. Should I leave the lid off and just cover it with something to stop the dust? Any advice would help

cheers,
    Karl

Tech Guru

What do you mean by "a lot of pressure"? Is it difficult to close the lid?

You could cut away a little foam if it's too tight but I'd recommend keeping the lid on when not in use, or at least covering everything with a sheet.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

All I mean is that the large foam blocks attached to the the underside of the lid are quite large and you can see big indentations from the knobs etc when you take it off. I realise that its built this way to stop everything moving around during transport, I guess what I'm thinking is that its only meant to be like that for short periods of time ie. to and from gigs or on a plane - not for weeks at a time.

Just dont want to wreck my new gear!

What specific case are you talking about? Is it by Odyssey?

I'm not sure if its an Odyssey, but its basically this case:
    https://webshop.cashconverters.com.a...ter-pack-1.jpg

with 2 CDJ350s and a DJM 700