HELP! What controller or set up should i get next
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HELP! What controller or set up should i get next

Hello,iam eduardo iam 16 & iam A bigginner to intermediate Dj.

To start up...Ive played at clubs, venues about 40 to 100
    people and also did a bit of mobile Dj.

At the end of the day i always love the club expirience so iam looking for a
    little club set up. my current setup is a mixtrack (a bit worn out with mixer faders broken) .macbook(mid 2010)
    .traktor pro 2( 2.6.1) .and a behringer 302 soundcard(very good soundcard with many of in and outs but not so
    good soundquality) . im very impressed how this setup came about but its literally abused to the point
    of not playable so its the perfect time to upgrade! ...

Ive been looking to upgrade to 2 controllers:

kontrol s4 since its versatile and it has everything i use un traktor right their with a dedicated button with literally a A10 soundcard in it (will take long time to get due to price and budget)

or a

pioneer ddj ergo traktor edition, a downgrade from the s4 but most things that s4 has the ergo has it (besides the 4 channel mixer and amazing soundcard).

Their Many Other controllers iv'e looked at but these are the ones that stan out to me the most by the way i play.

I will love any ideas or feedback for a new controller ,set up or even my current set up! Thanx!

Tech Guru

What kind of price range are you looking at? I would get something a little more solid if you plan on continuing with mobile DJing, as the S4 and Ergo are a little plasticy. The Ergo is also only a 2 channel controller.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

I've the Ergo K, and it's 4 channel.

I'm satisfied with it but here it costs about 500$. The S4 is 800$ and the DDJ SX is about 1300$.

I've no reasons to prevent you from buying it, for 500$ it's very well built and does not limit you in any way, but if you can spend more do it. :P

I use it with an F1 to control better a 4 decks setup.

Tech Guru

I only see 2 sets of EQs and faders here:
    http://pioneerdj.com/english/templat...ergo_k_4_l.jpg

Any 2 deck controller can have a button to switch a deck; that doesn't turn it into a 4 channel controller.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    I only see 2 sets of EQs and faders here:
    http://pioneerdj.com/english/templat...ergo_k_4_l.jpg

Any 2 deck controller can have a button to switch a deck; that doesn't turn it into a 4 channel controller.
    You are confusing the mixer with the whole controller my pal

EDIT: It's 4 channel even because the midi note sent out by deck A are different from the ones sent out from deck C for example.

Tech Guru

You don't need separate MIDI notes for that. Any button can be assigned to a modifier, allowing you to switch between decks just the same.

If it doesn't have 4 sets of EQs+faders, it's not a 4 channel controller. 2 + 2 is the usual term.

Tech Convert

How about the Denon mc6000? Build quality is supposed to be very good with metal and all so very good for mobile dj'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    What kind of price range are you looking at? I would get something a little more solid if you plan on continuing with mobile DJing, as the S4 and Ergo are a little plasticy. The Ergo is also only a 2 channel controller.
    around 600 too 300 dollers is my price ranger. iam looking for something thats that can play 4 decks, light so i can carry around (such as in a flight in my bagpack with laptop) but at least solid enough to last me a year or more and be nice if has lots of outs and ins

prop begin too much but it has to be their somewhere !

Quote Originally Posted by Rubenb View Post
    How about the Denon mc6000? Build quality is supposed to be very good with metal and all so very good for mobile dj'ing.
    woe thats amazing pice of equipment now iam stuck with the s4 or the mc6000 iam still more side of s4 but since i moving more into club and venues now than mobile use... but i just might get that mc6000. the only down fall from the the mc6000 is the 48kh souncard.i just have to deal with it

Tech Guru

All your music will be 44.1 KHz so it's hardly a downfall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast