noobie ?.. songs all loaded/analyzed in rekordbox, how to get them onto CDJ-2000nex?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default noobie ?.. songs all loaded/analyzed in rekordbox, how to get them onto CDJ-2000nex?

Hey, so I just got my 2x CDJ-2000 Nexus + 1x DJM-900 Nexus all hooked up and ready to go.. I have added all my tracks to the Rekordbox Collection, and they are all analyzed..

I am currently connected to the DJM-900 Nexus mixer via provided USB cable.. I'm looking to load up my first song into the CDJ's to see if everything is working properly, but when I press the "rekordbox" button on the top left of my CDJ, nothing appears there..

I know this is a noobie question, so forgive me, but how do I go about viewing my Rekordbox Collection on the on-screen CDJ display? Thanks for your help!

Pretty sure you have to hook the CDJs up via USB as well.

All the gear and... :P

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Pretty sure you have to hook the CDJs up via USB as well.

All the gear and... :P
    I'm not sure about that though, and here's the only reason why..

The CDJ's each came with only the following.. 1x RCA Cable, 1x LAN cable, 1x Iphone connector (USB > Iphone connector), and 1x Power Plug..

The DJM-900 came with 1x Power Plug, and 1x USB connector..

So basically, it seems as if the CDJ's are connected into the DJM mixer via RCA cables, and then the DJM mixer connects to the laptop via USB

Don't assume that because you've spent £7k, that's it. Companies like Pioneer aren't exactly known for making shit easy for you lol.

Tech Guru

Maybe you shouldn't criticise if you don't have a clue either.

The Rekordbox application does not use USB; all the data transfer is handled over Ethernet. You can either use an ethernet hub to link your CDJs and mixer to your computer, or export all your music to USB sticks or SD cards to use directly in the players.

Edit: with the Nexus players you can also use Wifi to network them with your computer, but the players still need to be wired to the network with Ethernet as far as I can tell.

Where are you pulling this 7k figure from anyway?
    Last edited by makar1; 03-18-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't criticise if you don't have a clue either.

The Rekordbox application does not use USB; all the data transfer is handled over Ethernet. You can either use an ethernet hub to link your CDJs and mixer to your computer, or export all your music to USB sticks or SD cards to use directly in the players.

Edit: with the Nexus players you can also use Wifi to network them with your computer.

Where are you pulling this 7k figure from anyway?
    Eeeek sorry, $7k. £4500. Although it's £6k for the Platinum setup.

But yeah, you're right; I read the instructions wrong.

Lip, if you've got a 4-port switch as part of your DSL/Cable modem/router, you should be able to use that to hook everything up together while at home, providing you've got enough ports. Or use the Wifi.

You should not use the provided rca cables.

1. they dont link up your cdjs to mixer, they transfer analogue audio.
    2.the quality of provided rca sucks.
    3.you djm 900 have digital inputs, coaxial. Your cdjs have digital out. So you should go get 75 ohm coax cable for digital transfer for better quality and less cable hassle.

I assume you trying to connect your computor with -> usb -> djm 900. If i dont remember wrong you need a ethernet switch, hook up cdjs, djm and computor with ethernet cables to it according to the manual.

If I were you I would get a usb hard drive and sync the rekordbox library to it, then you wont need a computor at all.
    By connecting this way you dont press rekordbox on the cdjs, because you use USB and link the other player.

Tech Guru

It's $6k for the setup on Guitar Center, and I'm sure there are cheaper places than that.

From the basic diagram on the Pioneer website, it seems that even with the WiFi feature the players still need to be connected to the network via ethernet cable. Only the computer/phone connection can be wireless
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    You should not use the provided rca cables.

1. they dont link up your cdjs to mixer, they transfer analogue audio.
    2.the quality of provided rca sucks.
    3.you djm 900 have digital inputs, coaxial. Your cdjs have digital out. So you should go get 75 ohm coax cable for digital transfer for better quality and less cable hassle.

I assume you trying to connect your computor with -> usb -> djm 900. If i dont remember wrong you need a ethernet switch, hook up cdjs, djm and computor with ethernet cables to it according to the manual.

If I were you I would get a usb hard drive and sync the rekordbox library to it, then you wont need a computor at all.
    By connecting this way you dont press rekordbox on the cdjs, because you use USB and link the other player.
    Do you think you could do me a huge favor and provide me a link as to what these coaxial cables look like? I searched for them on Newegg and it came back with a million results. Thanks!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lip5016 View Post
    Do you think you could do me a huge favor and provide me a link as to what these coaxial cables look like? I searched for them on Newegg and it came back with a million results. Thanks!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2m-Composi...item3f197ca32a

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast