CDJ-350's VS DDJ-SX Controller
    Tech Convert

Default CDJ-350's VS DDJ-SX Controller

Im an intermediate DJ, looking to buy gear to set my future. I hear using CD's on CDJ's is dead, that the 'new thing' is using laptops.

Controller (DDJ-SX)

-Cheaper than CDJ's
    -Effects
    -More portable
    -Bigger jog wheels
    -No 3rd party equipment needed (RANE)

CDJ-350

-Closer to club equipment than controllers

The ONE thing about CDJ's balances it out...So I cant choose!

Please help!

cdj350 are nowhere close to CDJ2000 that I gig on most of the time and the CDJ 2000 are close to dj'ing on my DDJ SX that I use at home and some gigs. I would go with the DDJ SX
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    cdj350 are nowhere close to CDJ2000 that I gig on most of the time and the CDJ 2000 are close to dj'ing on my DDJ SX that I use at home and some gigs. I would go with the DDJ SX
    +1000
    Pioneer DDJ-SX / Maschine Mk2 / Akai MPK25 / KRK Rokit 8 RPG2 / Serato DJ / TP2 2.6 / Live 8 / Reason 5

Beats + Funk + Noise = The Broken Floor

Tech Mentor

The CDJ 350's are very basic players, more for beginner DJ's. I only had mine 1 year because of this.

I would be tempted more to get the SX. Although the reason I didn't was because you can't play stand-alone, which is their only downfall.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

if you want to use a laptop, why would you want CDJs?

(i'd pick them, but i play off 'dead' cds)