i love traktor, just bought new CDJ's.. do i really need to switch to rekordbox?
    Tech Wizard

Default i love traktor, just bought new CDJ's.. do i really need to switch to rekordbox?

So here it is, I just bought a new setup, 2x CDJ-2000nexus + 1x DJM-900nexus.. I've been using Traktor 2 Pro for several years now, and really like how close of a zoom you can get to the waveform when setting beatgrids.. I tried installing the "rekordbox" software, and was really disappointed that I could hardly see if I was being "exact" enough when moving around the beatgrids..

In using Traktor, I am basically a pro at quickly and efficiently setting beatgrids.. Is there any good reason why I should switch to rekordbox (like will I lose any important functionality of my new setup?) or will Traktor do everything that rekordbox can do plus more?

And also, do Traktor beatgrids transfer perfectly on a USB drive when I plug it into my CDJ's? Thanks for the help!

Tech Guru

You just made a thread on this 30 mins ago. Short term memory problems?

The detailed Nexus waveforms are entirely dependant on Rekordbox, and if you ever want to use the CDJs without a computer you'll need to analyze+export your music through RB too.

Traktor grids do not transfer in any way to CDJs. You can use the CDJs as HID controllers like I said in your other thread, but you won't get the detailed waveforms on the player screen like you do with Rekordbox.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Didn't someone make a program to transfer Traktors stuff to Rekordbox.

I think it's just cue points etc not grids though

Tech Guru

Rekord Buddy is a 3rd party paid app, and proper Traktor integration seems to be coming soon in the 1.5 update.

http://nextaudiolabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=174
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

+1 for rekord buddy here. With a couple of clicks your whole traktor collection, with all tags, beat grids, playlists, cues etc gets ported over to rekordbox. It's only £3/$5 too.

Dude did you do ANY research before you bought this set up?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

I'd also like to ask why you bought this setup when you had so little background knowlage of how it works. It's kind of like buying a ferrarie without a driverlicense.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

what's the point of buying CDJ-2000 Nexus if you're going to use traktor with them?