beginner software
    Tech Wizard

Default beginner software

Hey guys
    So I just ordered a Mixtrack Pro
    https://www.storedj.com.au/products/NUM-MIXTRACKPRO
    and it says it comes with
    Software including Traktor LE, Serato Intro and Virtual DJ
    Which software would you recommend? if you could state why you like it and why not would be sweet!
    can I use software like Traktor 2 with a mixtrack pro ? , and Also with Traktor scratch does it allow you to mix music aswell?
    thanks boys! , I know its a lot

Tech Mentor

traktor! end of....
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Wizard

wanna expand on that ? traktor 2 or le?

Tech Guru

Try all of the included software and see which you prefer.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Go with traktor IMO but really its up to you. LE is a cut down version of Traktor. Traktor 2 is the lastest version; version 2.

All of the included software are good for learning. But all of them are again LE or striped down in some way. Limeted FX or no record option.
    To get full use they need to be upgrated.
    I would go for Traktor or VDJ of the 3 choices.
    Serato intro can be upgrated to Serato DJ but the upgrate will be tight to your mixtrack pro so if you cange to an other controller you'll need get one with Serato DJ already included or upgrate it from the version of Serato intro that came with it.
    Traktor pro 2 and VDJ pro can be used with any controller you choose later on (if it's midi)
    Traktor pro costs less then the upgrate to VDJ pro but with VDJ you get free upgrates for life.
    I personaly like Traktor over Serato and VDJ for the way I mix. I've used VDJ for some time then made the switch to Traktor and it just feels more natural. Serato DJ is ok but not quite what I want from a DJ Software.
    If you plan on doing video or Karaoke mixing though Traktor is not your thing. VDJ can do video and Karaoke out of the box with VDJ pro. You can buy the video plugin for Serato DJ.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Try out all three peaces of software and see what suits you the best. Any of those is good for mixing tracks and triggering some samples but as the time pass and you master your mixing decks you'll want to start playing with effects and mappings and that's where Traktor rules.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Any of those is good for mixing tracks and triggering some samples but as the time pass and you master your mixing decks you'll want to start playing with effects and a stupid pain in the ass outdated, non-intuitive mapping system, and that's where Traktor rules.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Yeah. Fixed that for me...