Traktor Pro + VCI 100 Crashing!
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro + VCI 100 Crashing!

Hi all, hoping you can help with this...

Just got Traktor Pro through the post today and encountering problems with my VCI 100 (only had my VCI a week)

(please note I have been reading up all day on forums with regards to this problem).

My set up is:

VCI 100 (brand new black edition, though has the 1.1 firmware)
    Dell vostro A860, 2ghz Dual core, 4gb Ram, 32bit Vista Ultimate, 111gb hardrive 50GB free
    Latest Traktor Pro
    Presonus Firebox

FYI (Just ordered firmware + arcade kit from djtechtools)

I first had problems getting traktor pro to recognise the midi signal from my VCI, got it working by changing between 2 usbs, changing usb slot around, turning my midi IN/OUT off in Traktor & restarting Traktor/computer...

Finaly got it to recognise my VCI & working with midi IN/OUT both turned on... Mixing away for 30mins or so and then the music cut out and Traktor froze! No responce with my VCI or by maualy clicking in Traktor...

Trying all the above processes again, restarting traktor, restarting my computer... I then got it working for 10mins or so... Same thing happened again...

So I then restarted it all again, re-installing traktor a couple times... Reading through forums.... this time turning off the midi out... And to my suprise :@ Traktor crashed again within 10mins...

So, Ive tried the midi out and thats not worked, Tried 2 usb cables (same result) Firmware 1.3 is on the way...

Can any one shine any light on this?

(also posted in other forum section, apologies if this isn't the correct section for this post).

I'm sure you've found the millions of threads on this issue already by now, but just to set you off in the right direction:-

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6792

You might also want to read the thread:-

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6870
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com