Led output colors - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Witch LED type is it? SLR 343?

Nanos

Tech Mentor

not sure. I just bought some leds off of ebay. they are 3mm if that helps

can u tell me waht kind of LED ist it? 5v? or 3V?

Thanx for answer!

Nanos

i was planning to mod my leds too, but now that i have to live without led-feedback if i want to run a stable system (yes, i'm a pc user..) it wouldn't make much sense.

but i still got the jog-wheels lighting up and i'm not the biggest fan of the blue lights, it's just too hard finding my veins in this light did anybody try to change the leds for the jog-wheel? or is it somehow possible to invert the colors, so that red is standard and blue if i touch them?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hurundi View Post
    i was planning to mod my leds too, but now that i have to live without led-feedback if i want to run a stable system (yes, i'm a pc user..) it wouldn't make much sense.

but i still got the jog-wheels lighting up and i'm not the biggest fan of the blue lights, it's just too hard finding my veins in this light did anybody try to change the leds for the jog-wheel? or is it somehow possible to invert the colors, so that red is standard and blue if i touch them?
    Its the same concept to change the jog wheel lights. They will only fit 3mm though. I tired to put 5mm leds on and the jogs didn't clear the light.

To Nano i have no idea regarding the led voltage.

Thanx for your help fa5ky!

I think is 3,3 V. I call to Vestax. his says the Voltage are 3,3 V. The Type of LEd is SLR343BCT (if somevbody need).

Greeetz

Nanos

This is great! Someone should switch to the LED's that rotate different colors

Fa5ky,

Thanks for the tutorial. I bought the LEDs you suggested on the main DJTT site tutorial, but destroyed a VCI-100 on my first attempt. Now I've got a friend who's an electronics engineer to help me perform this mod on a new VCI-100, but he said he is reticent to get involved until I know a little more info about the components to be replaced and the new one's I've bought. He said if they draw to much current or require more voltage I could mess up the unit.

So after all this time, is your VCI-100 still working as it was originally? Have there been any strange occurrences regarding it's stability or outputting of MIDI data? Any crashes?

Your response would be greatly appreciated.
    Oh shit - There goes another set of speakers!:eek:

Tech Wizard

I also modded my VCI-100 with some LEDs,2 LEDs went off,I contacted Vestax in Portugal for the repair,and they asked me 46€+taxes+shipping=80€ (aprox.) for changing 2 LEDS!!!! F##K them! went online bought 80 LEDs for 9€ and 7€ for a 30w soldering iron...
    not finished yet,tomorrow I'll change the transport plays/cues LEDs... looking good so far.
    thanks for the tips fa5ky & DJTT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pARtybOy; 03-22-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    http://soundcloud.com/partyb0y
    http://soundcloud.com/partyb0y3
    MB BlackE2008 C2D 2.2ghz 4GB WD500GB + OSX 10.7.4 + Stanton SCS.1m + Stanton SCS.1d + Virtual DJ 8 : Traktor Pro 2.6 + Audio 2 DJ + VCI-100 mk1.4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12