Question - Mad Zach Soundpacks
    Tech Wizard

Default Question - Mad Zach Soundpacks

I know Mad Zach uses Ableton for his productions.... Does anyone know if his sound packs can be used in other software programs?

The sound pack page states that the packs have "drum sounds, one shots, synth tones, atmospheres, FX"

I'm assuming the drum sounds and one shots are audio samples. However, what about the "synth tones, atmospheres and FX" pieces? Are those to be used in Ableton alone (via Ableton instruments)?

I prefer to use Maschine and would hate to buy the sound packs and find out that I need Ableton to use ALL of the content.

Thanks for your help in advance!

I believe he does them in AIFF and WAV files. Its the WAV pack you want.

he demonstrates that it can be used on any midi controllers even computer keyboard. hope that answers your question.

The sound packs from the bi weekly emails come with both an ableton pack and a .WAV pack. I bring all his sample packs into maschine software and they work wonders. Its really up to how intuitive you are with whatever software you use.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by sicnarf033 View Post
    he demonstrates that it can be used on any midi controllers even computer keyboard. hope that answers your question.
    Yes, any MIDI controller can play them - but what about any DAW? he wants to be able to load the packs up in Maschine/ Massive. To answer you r question bro, some of the content will only work in Live but the majority you'll be able to load up into MASCHINE & compared to other sample packs that are for sale, even though you may not be able to utilise 10% of the content, it will still be cheaper than buying them from places like Loopmasters, etc.

Hope THAT helps!

Tech Convert

explains a lot in this