DJM 700 with Traktor 2.6 pro - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Do you really need a PA system at home? You still need the DJ IO if you want to use a Remix deck too.
    Thought of some small PA system http://www.electroniccentre.co.uk/so...speakers-pair/

Will it work if I just use RCA cables for speakers in MASTER 2 on djm 700 ?
    Last edited by MockusD; 03-20-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MockusD View Post
    Thought of some small PA system http://www.electroniccentre.co.uk/so...speakers-pair/

Will it work if I just use RCA cables for speakers in MASTER 2 on djm 700 ?
    No you don't want those. 12 inch speakers for home use is overkill.....also, I don't think those are powered speakers, meaning they don't have an amplifier. For home use I would get something like this:

http://www.electroniccentre.co.uk/dj...udio-monitors/

I have M-Audio B8XA and they are plenty loud with good low end.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

So with RCA cables wont do? Which ones M-Audio from that shop would do? Because I'm kinda on budget now would only be able to get one KRK if barelly

Tech Mentor

If your on a budget just now, don't spend money on something that will just need replaced later, or can't be used in another capacity further down the line. You have best of gear CDJ's, so will eventually want to get a good system set up for it.

In the meantime, this will do : http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panason....html#longDesc

Cheap, reasonable power, multi purpose. You wouldn't want to use it as a permanent fixture for DJ-ing maybe, but it will do a while in the meantime, and can be used elsewhere in the house further down the line for simple music playback, without spending a fortune.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    If your on a budget just now, don't spend money on something that will just need replaced later, or can't be used in another capacity further down the line. You have best of gear CDJ's, so will eventually want to get a good system set up for it.

In the meantime, this will do : http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panason....html#longDesc

Cheap, reasonable power, multi purpose. You wouldn't want to use it as a permanent fixture for DJ-ing maybe, but it will do a while in the meantime, and can be used elsewhere in the house further down the line for simple music playback, without spending a fortune.
    So RCA cables to MASTER 2 on DJM700 will work then?

traktor must be in external mode.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

When you do finally get some speakers to plug in make sure you turn your channel gain knobs up. They are currently set to zero!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    When you do finally get some speakers to plug in make sure you turn your channel gain knobs up. They are currently set to zero!!
    Whoop, seen this now lol, will speakers with RCA cables and plugged in master 2 in djm 700 mixer to RCA ports will work? dont wanna get speakers which wont work lol

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MockusD View Post
    Whoop, seen this now lol, will speakers with RCA cables and plugged in master 2 in djm 700 mixer to RCA ports will work? dont wanna get speakers which wont work lol
    Just as long as they are "powered" or "active" speakers. This means they have a built in amp.

Do you have a stereo at home or a surround sound system that has RCA "in". I used to plug into a home stereo before I picked up some monitors. It worked.

You have a really nice set up. I'd try to get by on a cheap stereo system until you can get some good monitors. You'll enjoy what you have much more that way.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Just as long as they are "powered" or "active" speakers. This means they have a built in amp.

Do you have a stereo at home or a surround sound system that has RCA "in". I used to plug into a home stereo before I picked up some monitors. It worked.

You have a really nice set up. I'd try to get by on a cheap stereo system until you can get some good monitors. You'll enjoy what you have much more that way.
    Sure thing! dont have home cinema, or anything of RCA nature, ill probably get some speaker set-up with amp included down the shop that I always buy my gear from and it should do

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast