Midi Fighter Spectra for Studio Production + Ableton Live 9 Drum Racks

Lightbulb Midi Fighter Spectra for Studio Production + Ableton Live 9 Drum Racks

I'm really interested in the Spectra for use in my studio productions using Ableton Live 9 drum racks but haven't seen a lot of action about studio use its all mainly live performance....I love the fact that the Spectra is extremely customizable and with ableton seems like the perfect fit even over what I'm using Maschine mk2...I know Push has since be announced but I still like Spectra's form factor and assignable options.

Any of the experienced midi fighter users please respond and help me out with this, I would like to replace Maschine with the Spectra+Drum Racks combo.....How do you guys think this would work out???

Quote Originally Posted by thacOOLnErD View Post
    I love the fact that the Spectra is extremely customizable and with ableton seems like the perfect fit even over what I'm using Maschine mk2
    If you're only using your Maschine to control Ableton, then you sir are missing out on the true powers of Maschine, and really just paid a premium for no reason on just a 16 pad controller! I use my Maschine stand-alone, and then import into Ableton.

I don't think replacing Maschine with a Midi Fighter is a good plan.

I agree I had been missing out on Maschine a newbie to Maschine mistake just frustrated with a few workflow issues but I plan on keeping Maschine and working with it in plugin mode mostly and controlling ableton, the best of both....Thanks for the advice

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

A wiser choice would be replacing it with push if you aren't that much into it's workflow. You are sacrificing too much with a Spectra.

Tech Mentor

I think its more adapted for playing than producing. If you can buy a push I think its a better choice for control ableton.

If you want a controller for Ableton's drum rack, get the Launchpad and pick up the NativeKontrol LPC software(ish). Best $30 you'll ever spend. With it, you'd get drum racks, scales, and device control, among other things, along with the original mixer/clip launcher/MIDI functionality.
    I use that with Maschine running as a plugin and it's pretty damn sweet.