V-Moda Headphones

Default V-Moda Headphones

So I have been searching the boards and the consensus is Beats suck and HD25's are godly. Now I have had Beats Studio for a while simply because I got them at a steal for 140 compared to the 300 they are, and I want to move to something more suitable for DJing.

Now, I was looking at the new V-Moda M-100's and was wondering if anyone could help me with more info and such. They are pretty customizable, and seem very transportable with the new clickfold action. Just wondering what other people think.
    Facebook
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

2x Technics 1200 Mk2|| DDJ-900SRT|| DDJ-SX || Maschine Mk2 || Serato || MBP 15"||

Tech Wizard

I don't have the V-Moda M-100s but I DO have the V-Moda LPIIs and a pair of Sony MDR-V700s. I went from the sony's to the vmodas about 3 months ago, and I love them. The sound is great, a little bass heavy but hey what can I say I'm a basshead anyways. I am a nitpick when it comes to the feel of my cans and when these are on you, they are amazing. My sony's would start to hurt after an hour or two but I can rock these for a solid hour or two with no pain at all. But I digress because the M-100s are on-ear if I remember correctly. Anyways V-Moda makes a solid product backed with great warranty. They also come with a lot of bonuses. Mine came with a hardshell case (fucking awesome for DJs, it holds all the cords and has removable insides to keep everything straightened out and multiple holders for 1/8" to 1/4" adapters), a 1.5M 1/8" wire for casual listening that has the iPhone volume up/down and answer call thingy, a 2M 1/8" wire for DJing, and a goldplated 1/8" to 1/4" adapter.

All in all, I love mine.
    13" MBP 4GB RAM // Kontrol S4 // MF3D // V-Moda LP II's // Rokit 6's // Sony MDR-V700's

i have the lp2s and they rock, my fav headphones i've ever owned

the cords are awesome as well, as tangle free as you will get and really tough

only things to watch IMO are that there is no locking mechanism on the plugs into the phones, never bothered me so far tho, they just kinda stay stuck in there

also they are for the most part rock solid (gun metal with a ridiculously flexible head band) but there is one part of vulnerability inside the metal cups, a sort of greyish plastic that will break if you happen to drop them in just the right way

for me tho these are really minor things and all I can assume is the the other vmoda cans have a similar build quality

2 thumbs up! love mine as well

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JCohh View Post
    But I digress because the M-100s are on-ear if I remember correctly.
    The M-80s are the smaller ones that are on ear but the new M-100 is labeled as over-ear. Thankfully I looked at the M-80s in person or else I wouldn't have realized they are so tiny.
    Facebook
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

2x Technics 1200 Mk2|| DDJ-900SRT|| DDJ-SX || Maschine Mk2 || Serato || MBP 15"||

I have a pair of the V-Moda M100's and they sound amazing. Mids and highs are clear and the bass is punchy without being overwhelming. Great isolation as well and the ability to get custom plates is another is a plus. The best part about these headphones is that you don't have to be extremely over protective with them because they are so durable and I believe there is a lifetime warranty through V-Moda. I would highly recommend them!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin5 View Post
    I have a pair of the V-Moda M100's and they sound amazing. Mids and highs are clear and the bass is punchy without being overwhelming. Great isolation as well and the ability to get custom plates is another is a plus. The best part about these headphones is that you don't have to be extremely over protective with them because they are so durable and I believe there is a lifetime warranty through V-Moda. I would highly recommend them!
    Completely un-related but @kelvin5 your avatar's song is dope. i like to loop the first two beats (this the kind of beat that go) into a build up of another tune and then let it drop into the beat as the song is about to drop because boy oh boy kicks hard right off the bat
    13" MBP 4GB RAM // Kontrol S4 // MF3D // V-Moda LP II's // Rokit 6's // Sony MDR-V700's

Another huge fan of V-MODA here. Get em, you wo t be disappointed. ..

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JCohh View Post
    Completely un-related but @kelvin5 your avatar's song is dope. i like to loop the first two beats (this the kind of beat that go) into a build up of another tune and then let it drop into the beat as the song is about to drop because boy oh boy kicks hard right off the bat
    Haha I'll have to give that a try.

Im on the look out for new headphones too.And V-Moda are one of my options right now.Really like the Crossfade LP2 model,managed to try it in a local shop.Pretty good sound,punchy too.Haven't tried the M100,but they are a bit expensive for me,so maybe i will just go with the LP2's..

Quote Originally Posted by shogg View Post
    Im on the look out for new headphones too.And V-Moda are one of my options right now.Really like the Crossfade LP2 model,managed to try it in a local shop.Pretty good sound,punchy too.Haven't tried the M100,but they are a bit expensive for me,so maybe i will just go with the LP2's..
    They may be pricy but they are well worth it.