Got a gig!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a gig!

Default Got a gig!

HEY ALL!

My 18 year old self got a call this morning with a gig offer at the local college and I'm really excited and want to do two things:

1. Tell you guys. Done.

2. Get a killer opener. In progress.

I will be playing a techno/house set and I really want a killer opening song. I usually open with Diplo's remix of 'Bust a Move', but was curious, if you were to be playing a 128BPM Tech/House set, what would you open with?

Cheers mates! Wish me luck!

I love Vicetone's "Hope" instramental using Chuck Robert's "My House" during the breaks. If you time it perfectly, it is awesome.

That sounds so fucking legit. Do you have an example you could throw on SoundCloud for the timing you use?

i'd say some nice roller with a good intro, not too mellow, but i'd say starting with a tune with a SUPER EPIC INTENSE 2 minute extatic buildup isn't the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude8547 View Post
    You're Jesus right?

marcos is usually fine. i was goofing around one day and that attempt was my first practice run and it happened to fit perfectly.

not much love for the disco djs up in here but i like to start off getting everybody into the groove with this track or similar to it.
    you dont want to drop bangers/big hits at the beginning. just get something going for the peeeeeoples.

Quote Originally Posted by sicnarf033 View Post
    not much love for the disco djs up in here but i like to start off getting everybody into the groove with this track or similar to it.
    you dont want to drop bangers/big hits at the beginning. just get something going for the peeeeeoples.

good tune
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

this is a dope track to start the groove off with and you can add a lot to it to bring the energy up:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast