Traktor 2.6 on Mac OS CPU Overload
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor 2.6 on Mac OS CPU Overload

Hy pals, i bought yesterday a macbook pro core i5 4gb ddr3 for avoid the cpu overload
    problems that i used to have with my another pc, but it's not as fast as i want, the cpu
    load is always at half and when i load a track into a deck, i have a minimal screen lag,
    i've seen some other macs with traktor also older macs and it worked better than mine,
    it sounds good but i think it should be faster, it's a traktor 2.6 problem or what do you think?

Thanks for your answers!

Tech Mentor

When you're using Traktor turn the WiFi off, this should help quite a bit with the load.
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ
    https://soundcloud.com/bmz/

Tech Wizard

Thanks pal, i know that, but this mac is too fast for doing that things, it should go faster, but it don't,
    maybe i have to configure something else on traktor S2 audio settings, but i don't know the best values...

Tech Mentor

So what are your issues?

Is the audio lagging? Or the screen lagging?
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ
    https://soundcloud.com/bmz/

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by joemanton View Post
    So what are your issues?

Is the audio lagging? Or the screen lagging?
    Just screen lagging when loading a track or it takes some time to do some things, i've seen older macs
    working faster, i don't know what to configure to have a better performance...

This is just a Traktor thing. I have a 2.2ghz quadcore i7 macbook pro with 16 gigs of ram and it still has a tiny screen lag. I wouldn't worry about it.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

i bought yesterday a macbook pro core i5 4gb ddr3 for avoid the cpu overload
    problems that i used to have with my another pc, but it's not as fast as i want
    • Are all the tracks analyzed in traktor already.
    • Do you have multicore processing turned off
    • Has Spotlight finished indexing the drive ?

I would not be worried about it visually lagging so long as its not lagging the audio.
    Last edited by deevey; 03-21-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mattmangrease View Post
    This is just a Traktor thing. I have a 2.2ghz quadcore i7 macbook pro with 16 gigs of ram and it still has a tiny screen lag. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Thanks you all, luckily it sounds great, but i've seen some macs with no screen lagging and i also want it hahaha,
    also the another macs had less cpu load than mine, mine is at 1/3, i don't know why.

What's spotlight indexing? Where can i check it?

Thanks again for helping me, but i know that it can works better hahaha.

After installing traktor 2.6 i've pasted the native instruments folder that i had in "my documents"
    to my personal folder in mac for avoid analizate all the library again and it also saved my settings,
    maybe it brang some errors, what do you think?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by exechapur View Post
    What's spotlight indexing? Where can i check it?
    Up the top right corner of your mac screen, the little spyglass .. if there is a pulsing square inside it means your hard drive is being indexed still and would slow things down (mine took around 20 hours to finish indexing).

And check the multicore setting in traktor, its known to cause issues.

The screen lag I've seen was always on MacBooks with a harddisk. The ones with SSD didn't have this problem. Regular harddisks are pretty slow and can halt apps from processing for a short time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast