Buttons on new VCI-100SE not registering completely
    Tech Wizard

Default Buttons on new VCI-100SE not registering completely

I just got my VCI-100 today and found a few problems with it

First off, correct me if I'm wrong but the overlay for 2.2 and 2.3 are the same right? I download both files because I wasn't sure if the new VCI-100 batch released with the new overlays and then after checking they appeared the same to me. So now I have tried loading both in traktor and the basic buttons register. play, pause, drop, cue, the faders work, jogs work, Eq's work. The Navigation section (the 4 for loading tracks and viewing lists) + shift/exit work fine. The problem is with the effects, loops, and even headphone cueing. When you press the headphone cue button it lights up, the data light blinks the button in traktor lights up. when you press the button in traktor the vci-100 button while light up but you only hear less than a second of the sound that your are trying to pre-listen then the light goes off. This is really frustrating. The sample button is working but the beatmasher light in the FX just flash and go off to no effect. you can go to fx bank and change that with success then the effects turn on in both banks but the entire bank does not activate and work when you press the FX On buttons for deck A and B. The Juggle mode turns on...the juggle button however only allows you to access cuepoints if you HOLD the button. Fader FX mode works nicely but...I can't turn on "FX On" so...that doesn't actually help. EQ FQ does the same thing happens and the D/W and whatever effect will blink on but turn off after less than a second. Loops are the same when you go to the loops via fx bank the button blinks when you press it...the loop marker is placed for 8 counts. The active button then blinks and turns off and nothing actually happens again. pressing loop/2(x2) will work and change the length but the actual loop doesn't activate because the loop active button just clinks and turns off. Deck C and Copy to deck C works perfectly...Copy to Deck D works but when you press the same button without shift the deck D will appear for a second and will disappear and the same goes for the lights.

I'm currently using Traktor Scratch Pro v1.1.1.0.0.1 (friend gave it to me without the soundcard or serial key so i can't do much)....if the problem is the version I guess I'm going to have to venture out and pay another $120 on top of the $550 + $120+ (Maya 44USB) I just spend...

If there is anything I can do please tell me. I attempted to change the button type of the headphone cue buttons for example to toggle instead of hold....didn't help it just made the deck stop.

I have tried both 2.2 and 2.3 btw same issues with both.

(btw I have also noticed my LEDs blinking like crazy will this be fixed by buying a power supply?)

Thanks guys...I love my new VCI-100 I just kind of wish all of it worked =/

EDIT:

I activated FW 1.2 by looking at the Walkthrough video pt. 2 and that didn't work either. I did it exactly as on the video. I then loaded the tsi mapping that you find in the traktor directory for the vci 100. When you press play or anything else on either the VCI or my mac the deck starts playing for less than a second and stops all lights go off deck stops etc. And also while all this is happening the Loop "In" button in traktor is flashing like crazy even if nothing is being pressed. I thought there was some weird issue with the 2.2 and 2.3 mapping but now if the most basic 1.2 and most basic mapping that already comes with traktor doesn't work...i know something fishy is up

EDIT 2:

I have tried it in Virtual DJ Mac OSX version 5.2 in fw 1.2 mode. There were no issues with most of the button except I wasn't really able to test the FX part which is giving me the most trouble in Traktor. The Headphone cue buttons (which serve as a quick effect bank in VDJ) works unlike in traktor where you cant cue because the button keeps going off. Since many of the buttons don't do anything in VDJ I can't really say what's going on entirely but for the most part I think the hardware is fine. I tried the 1.1.2 demo like you said to and I got the exact same issues. I ran through all the buttons. The same problems came up with the Deck C button working but not deck D (The decks appear for a split second the usual). All the FX issues are still there. the knobs start to move whatever effect is on the FX unit and those on buttons work but you can press "FX On" which is on the left section on the VCI-100. They do the same thing where it turns on and off. The juggle mode seems to work, although I think it's slightly buggy, but then again I don't really know how it's supposed to act normally. EQ FX is completely messed up and it starts making random FX buttons flash and then turn off. Fader performance mode works all the faders start to move knobs in the FX panel but again they don't activate through FX ON so it's completely useless.

And incase anyone was wondering:
    Macbook Pro 15" 2.2ghz, 4gb ram, 128mb nvidea GeForce 8600M GT, latest drivers, software updates, etc.

PLEASE HELP
    Last edited by kevzzz; 08-27-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Tech Wizard

anyone? :S

Hey kev,

I am sorry to report that traktor changed the way TSI files work around version 1.1. so you may have a random version that is not reading the TSI files very well. To be honest, I am fairly positive an upgrade will fix your problems. Plus, once you buy the program you can get 1.2 which is going to be a must have.

Tech Wizard

Can I test 1.2 in a demo mode without having the serial or having to buy it to see whether that is the issue?

Tech Wizard

it magically started to work when I began to plug it into my macbook pro's other usb port...makes no sense at all as the other usb port is working just fine (using it for my maya 44 usb now)...but whatever it's working so i'm glad