Traktor S4 Loading Glitch
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor S4 Loading Glitch

I've noticed this happens every now and then when I'm playing live. I had the unit repaired a few months back to correct an issue with the jog of the unit scraping the mainboard. Ever since I've gotten it back it's had a new problem. Last time it happened I took a video.

Basically sometimes when I load a track into deck B on my S4, the track doesn't play at all. The loading light will flash like crazy, and the phase meter will go back and forth, but you will hear nothing, and nothing will show on the vu meter. This has happened a few times live, which is quite scary when the other track ends in a few seconds. I've gotten out of it by looping and reverting to deck D, but I can't continue to risk this happening. I took the unit in to Long and McQuade in Toronto for repair, yet they still won't do anything, despite this being the third or fourth S4 to die on me in two years and a performance warranty. Any advice for this situation?

I'm using a 2012 MacBook Pro with Traktor 2.6.1 and the latest drivers.
    Last edited by agrelius; 03-21-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    Software: Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Ableton Live 9, Presonus Studio One 2
    Hardware: Traktor S4, Maschine, 2x Yorkville YSM5, Scarlett 2i2, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Beyerdynamic DT990-250, MBP 13"
    soundcloud.com/agrelius

I had this happen to me back when I was using a Mixtrack Pro (so two years ago), it would always happen if I used the jogwheels a lot... Never figured out why it happened, but I assumed the midi was overloading it somehow, as I've never had it happen with my S2.

Tech Guru

turn sync off

Might be you need to remove and replace the jog top for deck B/D and recalibrate. Looks like the jog is reading like it is pressed down.
    There is a sticky thread in the S4 subforum that explains how to do it.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Might be you need to remove and replace the jog top for deck B/D and recalibrate. Looks like the jog is reading like it is pressed down.
    There is a sticky thread in the S4 subforum that explains how to do it.
    I feel like if thats the case then you would prob have issues w/ songs stopping in the middle of play as well.....but def worth a shot

I re-read the OP, if you are able to use Deck D, then it wouldn't be the jog. If it was, it would affect both B & D.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    turn sync off
    I have tried it without sync. I went back to Long and Mcquade today again, and they agreed to send the unit off to NI again, so we'll see what happens.
    Software: Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Ableton Live 9, Presonus Studio One 2
    Hardware: Traktor S4, Maschine, 2x Yorkville YSM5, Scarlett 2i2, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Beyerdynamic DT990-250, MBP 13"
    soundcloud.com/agrelius