New Traktor Controller soon? Please?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New Traktor Controller soon? Please?

OK, this may be a redundant question and Traktor seems better than even Apple at keeping secrets (of course Apple has a million or two more followers) but I'm an Itch DJ looking to make the dive into Traktor. I like what I've seen and used so far in Traktor and I am fighting the temptation to buy the Kontrol S4 because seeing that it's now about 2-1/2 years new on the market and Traktor decided not to put out a new controller with Pioneer, I am assuming that there must be something new in the works.

Soooo... that being said, I don't want to shell out close to $800.00 for the S4 and then, SURPRISE!, something newer and totally more "awesomer" comes out the next month.

Therefore... does anyone have an idea, clue or inside info as to if and when a new NI Traktor controller will be released and replace the S4 as their flagship baby?

Thanks!

156 views and no replies

Am I the only person interested in a new NI Traktor controller?

Tech Wizard

If anything, they would release an S4 with pads like the Maschine, but it's pure speculation.

It's all about making great music. If you buy an S4 then some new and shinier piece of gear comes along, it doesn't matter. It's not going to have some feature that will instantly make your skills better.

Focus on your skills, getting an S4 is probably a better idea given that it will be easier on your wallet. Even an S2 would be great.

Hm, my skills are not the question here, I DJ'ed on 1200's and the first CDJ's to give you some insight into my experience. But, I understand your comment on gear not always being the same, etc. But a controller is an investment, and an $800+ investment at that so if there is any info on a new one coming out made by NI then I would like to wait it out and get that rather than spend the 8 bills now.

And, being that NI does not release controllers every 6 months and that their controllers are tightly integrated with their software then that money would be best spent on the newest piece of gear that they put out. But, I also don't want to wait forever to make this move.

I'm looking for constructive criticism and insight here.

Tech Guru

Why not buy something made by a company other than NI? Their hardware quality is hardly the best out there.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Any suggestions?

I had heard that their stuff was pretty good, the built-in sound card on the S4 has nice specs too (correct me if I'm wrong) but mostly I've heard over and over that it has the tightest integration with Traktor and best option for the full functionality of their software.

I had long considered the VCI-400 but over and over again I read that the S4 just functions better with Traktor. I had also been waiting for a new Pioneer DDJ for Traktor but that didn't come out. My idea is to make a step up from the my VCI-300 and bring more to my sets while making the move to a 4 channel controller.

DDJ-SX plus custom map if your savvy and patient. I like the S4, but am not a fan of it as a sole unit.

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    DDJ-SX plus custom map if your savvy and patient. I like the S4, but am not a fan of it as a sole unit.
    I'm not 100% convinced by the SX, have you mapped it to Traktor, how do you like it?

My guess is maybe an update to the mighty X1
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    My guess is maybe an update to the mighty X1
    Or really tight maschine integration like so many people have pleaded for.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast