Can i use the soundpacks on a Windows laptop?

Default Can i use the soundpacks on a Windows laptop?

I know the beta software is currently Mac only, but can i still play the soundpacks with a MF connected to FL Studio on my laptop running Windows 7 (64-bit)?

I apologize if this has been covered already, but i'm new here and i haven't found a definitive answer on whether or not the soundpacks work at all with Windows.

Yeah. Im not a user of fl studio..but i also have windows 7 (64bit) and use traktor. Once you unzip the folder the sound samples will become wav files and you should be good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by WYO View Post
    Yeah. Im not a user of fl studio..but i also have windows 7 (64bit) and use traktor. Once you unzip the folder the sound samples will become wav files and you should be good to go!
    Cool thanks man. I searched the forum and couldn't find an actual answer. I'll be purchasing the packs as soon as my MF arrives.

BTW, once you extract the WAV files do you have to drag them into traktor in order to play them?

Thats ma'am, sir..lol .. kinda.you know how you drag a sample into the remix deck?..thats how it will be..it will become a regular music folder.

if there is a problem dont forget to check your ImportedItems folder
    i think its located inside your Traktor folder, inside your MyMusic folder (windows)

I am having a problem with the soundpacks and Traktor.

First problem, how do you organize them packs in the remix decks? I see the files and I know how to drag them into the remix decks but i dont know the order they should be in to play them.

Second problem, i am watching the mad zach videos and he plays multiple notes (sounds) in "one row"... This doesnt seem to work in Traktor remix decks. When i start playing one sound and then hit another sound in that row it turns the first sound off???

Quote Originally Posted by devildog0905 View Post
    First problem, how do you organize them packs in the remix decks? I see the files and I know how to drag them into the remix decks but i dont know the order they should be in to play them.
    You organize them in any order you can get comfortable using them in.
    Its completely up to you
    If you want drums in one row, hi hats in another, cymbals in 3rd and synths in 4th, then again
    that is what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by devildog0905 View Post
    Second problem, i am watching the mad zach videos and he plays multiple notes (sounds) in "one row"... This doesnt seem to work in Traktor remix decks. When i start playing one sound and then hit another sound in that row it turns the first sound off???
    Turns the first sound in the same row off?
    What are yuo using to play them with?
    F1?
    X1?
    MF3D?
    Spectra?
    some other device?

Tech Wizard

Are far as I know you can't play more than one sound in a row with the remix decks... ??

For playing Soundpacks in windows I feel Ableton is really the way to go. Zack designs the packs so that they work very well in Ableton. Such things as LFOs, effects, levels and mastering are totally lost in other programs. I believe you could even use the demo version of ableton to practice your playing. The only thing you'd be missing is saving your performances. Not a big deal for finger drum practice.