Macbook with VCI 100 + Traktor Pro - Answer to my problems??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Macbook with VCI 100 + Traktor Pro - Answer to my problems??

Hello everyone...

After recently getting a VCI 100 (ordering the arcade and firmware kit) & a Dell Vostro A860 Laptop (2ghz dual core, 4gb Ram, Vista Ultimate)

I came into the problem, it seems all other windows users are having - Traktor crashing..

Im now looking into getting a Macbook - From what I've read all mac users are having 'NO' problems with the VCI 100 & Traktor Pro... Correct??

Also Im looking into a 13" Macbook (2007) 2ghz Dual core 2gb Ram
    But also Macbook Pro (not the latest unibody ones) 13" & 15" 2gb Ram - 2ghz Core 2 Duo

Im guesing the Mac pro's will be fine?..

But will the 2006/2007 Macbook be sufficient?

(also I will probly upgrade to the latest Mac os whichever I get, if that is reccomended?)

Thanks in advance

Inov8

Hey!

I have that exact setup.

Macbook 13" - 2007. It has 2GB RAM and 2Ghz Dual Core Intel CPU.

I have no problems or latency issues.

I also use the NI Audio 4 DJ, however.

But to answer your question.....yes....these things are MADE to run with Mac's!

Not really.....but they work the best IMHO.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I'm running a macbook pro, the one before the unibody came out, with latest Mac OSX.

You don't need Macbook Pro, Macbook would probably cut it for audio. But if you ever want to do any video editing etc you'll need a pro

You can get good deals on macs here

http://www.jigsaw24.com/

Macs are more solid than PCs in general IMO although Windows 7 is supposed to be great - you won't look back.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I have a pre-unibody macbook pro (the immediate prior version), and it handles Traktor like a champ. Not even a blip on the CPU scale with multiple effects, etc. I'm not using a VCI, but I imagine the combo would work fine. To save some $$, you might look at the refurb models of the prior generation, usually available through the online apple store.

I have a last-production model Blackbook (13" black macbook) with 4 GB of RAM. I frequently run upwards of 8-10 programs without even a hiccup. This frequently entails running Pro Tools, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, iTunes, Firefox, Mail, Photoshop, and iChat at the same time (most together, minus photoshop) Plus i think they look the coolest of all the mac lineup.

Check ebay (be careful!) and other places for a used Blackbook. It will make you happy!
    Myspace: www.myspace.com/emdeeema
    Apple Blackbook/ 320 GB Seagate Free Agent Go!/ 500GB LaCie Backup
    VCI-100 SE/ Korg nanoPAD / Echo Audiofire 2
    Logic Pro 8, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live
    Lots of Weed

hey

yeah the spec of those macs should be fine for Traktor, and you may also wanna have a look here..

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6830

k

Tech Wizard

Hey,

Thanks every one for your input, much appreciated!

Just bought a Macbook 13" (8 months old) 2.16ghz Core 2 duo, 2 gig of Ram... For just £350! (Bargain)

Picking it up tommorow! So will hopefully be able to give my VCI some serious play!!!

Yep, that should work. I had a 1st gen black macbook that had tons of issues, but the newer ones should be perfect.

Of course, you could do what us windows users do, and just turn off midi out, and hey presto.. no more crashes.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Quote Originally Posted by eMDeeeMA View Post
    I have a last-production model Blackbook (13" black macbook) with 4 GB of RAM. I frequently run upwards of 8-10 programs without even a hiccup. This frequently entails running Pro Tools, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, iTunes, Firefox, Mail, Photoshop, and iChat at the same time (most together, minus photoshop) Plus i think they look the coolest of all the mac lineup.

Check ebay (be careful!) and other places for a used Blackbook. It will make you happy!
    Snap!

That blackie is sweet huh?

I just need to up my RAM now.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast