no money is music? no wonder... here is one reason why - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sicnarf033 View Post
    kind of hard to read sarcasm. maybe its just me. but even as sarcasm, that analogy is absurd.
    I tought the "no seriously" in the next sentence would kinda point out the first part wasn't my actual opinion.
    And yes there are plenty of people who are very snobbish about ceartan brands/types of hardware, the aim of my post was to point out that bitching about free music is equally ridiculous.

O.P. already stated he didn't like the guy's mixes that much so what's the problem?

Tech Mentor

I definitely get what the OP is talking about... There is nothing wrong with getting music off of soundcloud of course, but I get tired of hearing poorly made mixes that contain nothing but a random selection of popular free downloads from the trendy genre of the moment.

If a DJ were to make a really good mix out of obscure free tracks that would be pretty cool, like crate-digging as someone mentioned... there are probably good mixes of free tracks out there but I've never heard one

Quote Originally Posted by Tortango View Post
    IThere is nothing wrong with getting music off of soundcloud of course, but I get tired of hearing poorly made mixes that contain nothing but a random selection of popular free downloads from the trendy genre of the moment.
    Thanks
    that hits it on the head. Its was trendy. and i didnt really notice that about the tracks until you said it.
    IT goes in hand with what i posted a little bit ago. It just comes across with a grave lack of creativity.

And i tend to wonder...
    since the mixing isnt that good, and the selection isnt that good, and there seems to be a bit lacking in the "technique"
    i have to wonder... how long has he been spinning?
    Not that it matters because i came across this little asian chic who was playing for 6months and she was a TRANCE phenom on the decks. I mean REALLY great. (must be an asian thing in NYC)

but theres just too many key points missing with this person IMO

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345