Trouble with VCI-100 Jogwheels

Question Trouble with VCI-100 Jogwheels

Hi there,

I'm new to digital DJing and to this forum.
    I've just got myself a Vestax VCI-100 controller (used but workin just fine) and a copy of Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.1; I have tried mapping the VCI, actually everything is working perfectly, but I cant get the jogwheels to work for scratching. The hold function (if I tap the top of the jog) works fine tho.
    Cause the controller was used before I thought the wheels were maybe not working, but I tried scratching with them in VirtualDJ and everything worked just fine.
    Now, I'm not new to midi mapping, but I have never done midi maps for any kinda DJing software.
    Also when I click on the turntable thing and the scope comes up it says scratch disabled, can you guys help me out?

Cheers,
    Fred

Default Jog wheel issue

Quote Originally Posted by fstaufenbiel View Post
    Hi there,

I'm new to digital DJing and to this forum.
    I've just got myself a Vestax VCI-100 controller (used but workin just fine) and a copy of Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.1; I have tried mapping the VCI, actually everything is working perfectly, but I cant get the jogwheels to work for scratching. The hold function (if I tap the top of the jog) works fine tho.
    Cause the controller was used before I thought the wheels were maybe not working, but I tried scratching with them in VirtualDJ and everything worked just fine.
    Now, I'm not new to midi mapping, but I have never done midi maps for any kinda DJing software.
    Also when I click on the turntable thing and the scope comes up it says scratch disabled, can you guys help me out?

Cheers,
    Fred
    Download tsi files from vestax website, import to traktor via the controler manager in traktor, scroll down through the mapping and ensure that there is a line with the word scratch assigned to the jog wheels if so you have the correct tsi if not try the second tsi file. When youve found the correct tsi file check the midi in and out port in the controller manager is set to vestax vci, then set up your audio card, press the scratch button on your vci and test, if it now works then export the new tsi file to the desktop, exit traktor and restart the computer, if it didn't work try reimporting the new tsi file again, if that fails then sell the vci on to unsuspecting newbie and replace with working controller.
    Last edited by Ben1; 03-24-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Bad spelling

Talking

Thanks mate! It worked for me! I had to remap the scratch feature tho but it worked. Thanks!!