Master limiter in Traktor Pro
    Tech Convert

Default Master limiter in Traktor Pro

Hi everyone, i have a problem with the master limiter in traktor, first of all i "normalize" all my colection to 96db with Mp3Gain and i have the maser limiter on in traktor, it seems that when i increase the gain about 3.5+Db in a song the master limiter start to work and the master start to sound with less volume.
    If i turn off the limiter and do the increase of the gain it sound with distortion.

I have a vci 100 with a Maudio audiophile, i play with a friend that have CDJ400 and the cdj sound louder than me at the same fader position in the mixer.

Tell me what you think, sorry for my english im chilean.

Thanks

Hola no puedo creer que somos 2 Chilenos! de que parte eres?

What I think is that when you normalize the audio you are already getting too much gain on your tracks (I think). Then when using the master limiting it will identify that you are starting to clip so it decreases the gain.

Then when you turn the limiter off and increase the gain it will sound distorted and clipped as you alreday normalized the song.

I have also a similar interface and I don´t normalize the traks, I do use the autogain (I still use T3).

Also check the level of the output on your interface, when playing in traktor I lower it a bit and then increase the master inside Traktor.

Hope it helps

Tech Convert

De santiago, la verda es que sigo la pagina hace mucho tiempo pero nunca se me habia ocurrido meterme al foro, agregame a msn asi hablamos jppoirot@gmail.com.

Well i follow this tread, thats the explination

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/06/1...r-music-files/

I use 96db also mate. +3.5 db is a lot of gain to apply when the track is already quite loud at 96db +/- 1. I personally turn the limiter and auto gain off and usually only have to adjust the gain by +/- 1db at the most.
    Also with mp3 gain do you use track gain or album gain?
    Last edited by Jester; 08-26-2009 at 08:26 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Also with mp3 gain do you use track gain or album gain?
    Track gain, maybe i will change all the gain to 95db to have more spectrum of gain, and then i will test the master limiter.

I used to use 94db, as a lot of our tracks are old and quiet, i changed to 96 now that we use a lot of Hi Q tunes. Let me know how it goes dude ;p
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Let me know how it goes dude ;p
    Now i turn off the master limiter, and put my colection to 94db.

Now the sound is much more better, im using auto gain anyway and the master output in -1db to have a little range to move the gain of the tracks

Good stuff. I Use -5db in the master output to start with, always seems to creep up tho as the night goes on haha.