VCI-100 trouble getting started

Default VCI-100 trouble getting started

Hey all,

I just purchased a VCI-100 unit off ebay that someone had gotten through a music store clearance sale, anyways to the point.

I plug the unit into my computer, windows does its identifying thing and installs drivers, it does the Universal Serial Bus controllers part of it just fine and I can go in and click on the last USB composite device in the device manager and it says Vestax PC-Contoller, great. But when trying to install the "Sound, video and game controller" I get the error "There was a problem installing the device and it may not work", then I go into the sound, video and game controllers section of the device manager and click on USB Audio device and it does not identify it as a vestax unit.

I go into traktor LE and go to midi setup and it does not see anything there.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I read that this was a simple plug and play unit so I figure I may have a faulty device.

Thanks

Not sure what you're trying to do. There are no installable drivers, other than those built in for windows xp/vista which I assume you are running, which should be installed when you plug the thing in.

Just as a test, plug it into a fresh USB port which will get windows to re-detect it. Then just wait until it says hardware installed, and open traktor.

Failing that, upload a screen print of your device manager so we can see whats going on.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Hey,

Yeah I am not trying to install any drivers, I am just letting Windows XP do its thing. I have tried all the USB ports and no dice, I have attached a screen shot.

All the unit does is flash once ever 6 seconds.

That screenshot looks fine to me.

The item marked 'usb audio device' is your VCI-100. And I can't see any error icons next to it.

It appears that way on my gig laptop running XP as well.

It only appears with its full name (VESTAX PC_CONTROLLER) when I have it plugged into my desktop machine which is running Vista.

So in your case, it should appear as 'usb audio device' in the traktor midi in/out options.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Yeah but unfortunately I see no device in mid in / out options. Maybe I will try it on my laptop again, but cant figure this out for the life of me either then there is something wrong with the unit.

It is possible I suppose.

When you click on the 'USB Audio Device' in the device manager, does it say 'this device is installed and working', or something else ?
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Sometimes it would say that it was having trouble identifying the unit, for some reason when ever the unit flashed onces it made the windows noise of me connecting a USB connection to the computer, then when it flashed again it made the sound of something disconnecting, so it was constantly connecting then disconnecting then reconnecting itself.

When you plug the unit in to your computer, is it just supposed to light up completely? or blink for a split second about every 6 seconds?

Mine just lights up completely.

I'm assuming you've tried other usb cables and you're not running it through an external unpowered usb hub ?
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show