Optimal latency setup when interfacing Traktor & Ableton
    Tech Student

Default Optimal latency setup when interfacing Traktor & Ableton

I have been DJing for a while on a 'simple' level by using my Traktor S4 and Traktor Pro (up to the latest 2.6.1, which I personally don't really like).

Now I am trying to put some live production in the recipe: I bought a Novation Launchpad which I use to control Ableton Live.

To route Ableton's audio into Traktor's deck 4 as Live input I use soundflower.

I am now experiencing issues that I never did in the past: after a few (10-20) minutes mixing Ableton's sound gets very noisy and I have to play with AL and TP's latency to get some nice audio again.

It doesn't matter whether I change it in Ableton or Traktor, or whether I increase it or reduce it: it seems like by doing this I re-trigger some internal method and the sound gets back on track.

Could anyone tell me whether this is a consequence of my ill-posed setup?

Additional info: when the noisy thing happens, if I route Ableton's audio to Standard Output it comes out fine.

This happens in Live when you use .mp3's. The decoding cache gets full, and causes problems.

Do a search over at ALDJ - there's a LOOOONG thread about it....

EDIT: HERE it is.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    This happens in Live when you use .mp3's. The decoding cache gets full, and causes problems.

Do a search over at ALDJ - there's a LOOOONG thread about it....

EDIT: HERE it is.
    Seen it, although I am still surprised: I only use internal MIDI instruments and I assume samples / AL's audio renderer do not rely on mp3s!
    Thanks anyway, I'll check it out in there!