Just got a new AudioInterface, something really weird is happening.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

go ahead and grab yourself a power conditioner. i've been to some UK studios and discovered that the power is not as clean and constant as here in the states. Besides it is just a really good practice to use a power conditioner all the time. I recommend go ahead and make the speakers buzz, then just start moving wires, pushing stuff around, unplugging stuff, try to isolate the problem.

@makar1 - Okay im going to switch to DVI for visual quality. And try what @031999 said and get a power conditioner, < is just a more expensive better quality extention lead right? Becasue I have a power outlet with two plug sockets, and im using 3 extention leads (all have 4 sockets on). one going straight from 1 of the plug sockets, and thats got my two speakers, dell pc monitor and then my mbp charger all plugged into it, then the other plug socket has an extention lead plugged into it, which has just 2 turntables plugged into it, (will plug my other 2 turntables into that when i set them up) and then THAT extention lead, is being plugged into the 3rd extention lead, which has my xone 92 mixer, powered USB hub, traktor audio 10, and of course the 4th socket is taken up by the 2nd exten lead.

Is this bad? Two many plugs? maybe for starters i should get just 2 extention leads or 1 with enough sockets for everything?

I only have the 1st ext lead turned on when making music cos i only need my MP speakers etc, everything else is USB powered.

@031999 - is this a power conditioner dude? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tacima-Condi...4298677&sr=8-1

@Mojaxx - Okay, ive been hearing about ground loop a lot, should i get one of them (item you posted) to connect my soundcard and my speakers? The male RCA end into my soundcard and then connect another RCA cable to the female end and plug them into my speakers?

Thanks for your help guys. Going to rty usig different RCA cables and play with leads see if i can isolate the buzz as much as i can.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

this is more the power conditioner that you need. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/M8x2/

now this one looks like its for USA plugs but check around, a good one will cost a few bucks, but well worth it!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    DVI should definitely give you a better picture than VGA.

I'm just suggesting that if you have another computer, monitor etc. you could swap them into your setup to narrow down what's causing the problem. The Behringer UCA222 would be a good start.
    If its already a DVI based input on the Card and output on the Monitor. A DVI adapter isnt going to magically upscale your video signal

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    If its already a DVI based input on the Card and output on the Monitor. A DVI adapter isnt going to magically upscale your video signal
    VGA is analogue whereas DVI is digital and allows the video card to control each pixel on the screen precisely. Upscaling has nothing to do with it, and does not increase quality itself.

Super, as long as you aren't drawing too much current through either socket it should be fine. The number of things plugged in should not be causing the noise anyway. If you only have 1 lead turned on, it's not likely to be a ground loop since everything has a common ground point.

Did using the UCA222 affect the noise problem at all?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

@03199 - cheers, what exactly does this do? Like a more safe power outlet or?

@balakoth - what do you mean dude? I think my monitor has got VGA, HDMI & DVI inputs, using Mini DisplayPort to DVI would be pure digital and a much better picture quality then the VGA analogue I'm currently using?

@makar1 - going to test the uca222 soon as I'm back in the studio mate, will let you know as soon as
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Okay, well my brother just so happened to get his new TV today, wel he thought it was a TV, it was actually a samsung led computor screen... LOL, anyway it happened to have RGB/VGA input, so i hooked it up to my macbook same way as before, and there is no buzzing noise at all when i drag stuff from the MBP to the samsung monitor...

Must be my dell monitor then? I would buy this screen from him, but it hasnt got DVI, and you also cant adjust the screen position, like tilt back/forward :S its already at a quite forward position so, ugh.

Must have to get a new screen then, problem solved me thinks, will see if problem still occurs when i put my old monitor back up.

Tech Guru

Might be worth trying DVI through your Dell before you buy a new one. Even if you get a new monitor you'll still want to use a better connection like DVI instead of VGA.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Might be worth trying DVI through your Dell before you buy a new one. Even if you get a new monitor you'll still want to use a better connection like DVI instead of VGA.
    Right, hooked my dell monitor back up, buzzing noise came back. But, I used the VGA to VGA cable that came with my brothers samsung screen, and the noise was MUCH quieter, was still there but really was a lot less loud...

I'm thinking its the VGA cable that im using (was used for the dell monitor when it was downstairs for family)
    So yeah, Im going to order a mini displayport to DVI adapter and a DVI cable, and try that, yep if i do need to get a new monitor at least ill have DVI.

one thing quick, the DVI bit on my dell monitor is like "poking out' a bit, which leads me to think ill need to get a male to FEMALE dvi cable, and connect the female end to the dell screen? Or is DVI just like that? Will any DVI cable just slot into it?

Tech Guru

All DVI monitor cables are Male-Male. The female side does stick out slightly like VGA does.

Something like this should be fine:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monitor-Genu.../dp/B002276Z12

Edit: I'm assuming the DVI socket on your monitor looks like either of these "Dual Link" sockets:
    Last edited by makar1; 03-26-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast