DJM 700 over the 800 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    "sound quality was quite lacking"

I'm so sick of this crap. I've never had a problem with software sound quality. On Serato, Traktor, VDJ, Djay, etc.

Maybe you need to check your DJing/programming/track selection skills.

Why is the DDJ-SX so popular? ......... Cause it feels so "PIONEER"

I'm sick of this crap.
    Then don't post in these threads.

I agree with Keeb, I had a Xone 42 and with an Audio 8 it sounded much better than any internal mixing controller I've had (and I've had alot). I like my DJM-800, if I could make it better it would be to put an innofader in it. I've really considered a Rane 62, but most places I play have a DJM 800 or 900 so I'm used to the workflow (and enjoy it) of the DJM.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

The DJM800 is probably THE mixer I see at the clubs we play at most....and we play at some of the top venues in Orange County and Los Angeles.

I personally think A&H sound better than the Pioneers and really got a chance to check them out at NAMM2013. But for pure ergonomics, nothing feels better than the Pioneers. The filter is right where I need it and the effects when used sparingly do work in a club.....and we sometimes play on amazing Funktion Ones.

I just can't stand the effects location and the 4-band EQ as our style of music (electro house and house) sometimes just need 1 less knob to do a quick cut.....but that's just all preferences though.
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    "sound quality was quite lacking"

I'm so sick of this crap. I've never had a problem with software sound quality. On Serato, Traktor, VDJ, Djay, etc.

Maybe you need to check your DJing/programming/track selection skills.

Why is the DDJ-SX so popular? ......... Cause it feels so "PIONEER"

I'm sick of this crap.
    /soundquality is something highly subjective unless theres a fault somewhere causing massive distortion/
    some people prefer the warm analogue sound of the a&h analogue mixers (92,62,4d) than the pioneers clean digital sound.
    i do prefer ah over pio but for sure theres many people who is of the opposite opinion and thats just fine.

i dont believe any of the mixers are crap but they might not just be what you are looking for.

Tech Guru

The way I see it is pioneer and digital mixers tend to be better for music mixed using quick transitions or quick bass swaps and for people that want some on board effects.
    Allen and Heath mixers really shine with long blends - the eq's are really responsive and the four eq on the 92 is great for isolating different parts of a tracks and the filters are on a whole other level compared to a DJM.. Even the filter on a Xone 22 is better. Also Vinyl sounds amazing going through an analogue mixer like a xone and out to a good rig.
    Really they both have there strengths. The pioneer mixers are really intuitive though like others have said and the the 850/900 are nice with inbuilt sound cards.

I don't want this to turn into a Pioneer vs A&H war, but I recently went and tried a Xone 92 and pretty much just hated it.

Yes, the filters and nice.

No, I don't think it sounded noticeably better.

The EQ knobs and fucking stubby, what the fuck. You can't get your fingers around them. It's ridiculous.

Filter assigning is a pain in the arse, I just wanted to easily assign the filter to a channel (which is simple on DJM's) and use it. Rather than having to fanny about. Fair enough if you're mixing techno/house and you want to use the L/P H/P or B/P filters over the course of a mix, but if you're not, it's extra hassle for no real gain.

Alright, I'm done.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234