Launchpad or Traktor F1?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Launchpad or Traktor F1?

which one should i purchase to be used with my Traktor S2, i would like to use it to control effects in traktor eg. creating loops, and on the odd occasion use it to finger drum and do live remixes of songs?

which one would better suit me? thanks in advance !

Tech Guru

You should have just used the other thread you opened. The F1 would suit you better for live remixes since it controls the REMIX decks, something the launchpad cannot do and will not be able to do reliably for the foreseeable future. Also in MIDI mode it will control any aspect of Traktor that is MIDI mappable, so nearly everything except the aforementioned remix decks. Also it'll look pretty next to your S2 since they're the same brand, and everyone knows DJing is more about image than sound, right guys?

Tech Guru

Neither the F1 or the Launchpad have buttons suited for finger drumming. You'd need something like an Akai MPD or Maschine for proper velocity sensitive non-clicky pads for drumming.

Get the F1 for sample triggering in Traktor, or get the Launchpad for Ableton use.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

F1
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

F1

Tech Convert

so if i do get the F1, can i play a song using my S2 and them add live remix samples over the top using the F1?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yes, I don't think you'll be able to monitor the remix deck with the S2 because it's a two deck controller. Might be able to get around that with a user mapping though. I've never played with an S2.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Or blow more cash and get Maschine and keep fingers x'd NI will open up the remix decks to it - assuming it's technically feasible(?).

That's what I did at the w'end! And Maschine is brilliant, love it.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Tech Mentor

F1
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Yes, I don't think you'll be able to monitor the remix deck with the S2 because it's a two deck controller. Might be able to get around that with a user mapping though. I've never played with an S2.
    The S2 is an internal controller so there is a Master and Monitor channel, rather than 2 deck channels as you'd have with a 2 channel external mixer. As long as you have spare buttons to activate monitoring it should be possible.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast