DJ without owning Car...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default DJ without owning Car...

So, I have been DJing since I was 14 (started in roller skating rinks). I have started living a minimalist lifestyle over the past year and no longer have a car and want to get back to DJing professionally again. I do not have a desire to have a car again as I save tons of money and get around pretty well with public transportation and cabs when the need arises. Anyone here DJing out (clubs, bars, etc) regularly and not own a car? In the past all the places I DJed had their own gear (1200s or CDJs and Serato) so all I ever had to bring was my bag with my laptop, needles, vinyl and headphones and my backpackup serato box just in case. I am considering getting 1200s again or going the way of the future and getting a contoller (s2, vci, etc).

Main question... Do you or anyone you know DJ events without owning a car, do you think it would be easy? Any suggestions, advice, etc?

Where are you located?

If you're living in Manhattan, I probably wouldn't worry about owning a car.

Tech Convert

Dallas.... I know plenty of DJs here and every single one has a car. Hell everyone in Dallas period has a car. My friends think I am nuts!

a lot of times one of the first things people ask for is reliable transport. Especially for residencies. If you are carrying gear you will hate yourself without one.

I know some serious minimalists - some that don't even use capital letters.

Is Zipcar or similar an option?

Tech Convert

Good Idea on the Zipcar!

I used to pay friends to drive me to gigs when I needed to bring my own gear or pa. It's worth it if you're making enough on the gig, but can suck having to depend on someone else.

Get a girlfriend with a car?

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

im in a carpool, but usually i just go by public transportation. works good for me (just carrying usb sticks or a harddrive).
    living in stockholm sweden

Depends where are you living at, if there is a public transport like in london, I would not be worrying about it, but in more quite areas it depends anyways.
    -Ableton suite- -Traktor- -Kontrol Z1- -Kontrol X1- -Oxygen 49- -BX8- -HD25II- -Buddha-

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kazkox View Post
    there is a public transport like in london.
    I wouldn't fancy getting a bus anywhere in London with an S4 Flight case dude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast