Stanton DJC.4 help...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stanton DJC.4 help...

Hello all. I am new to the forum. I recently bought a Stanton DJC.4 and it comes with a 4 deck version of virtual dl LE. After checking the update price of $249 for Virtual DJ PRO and using a friends S2 with Traktor I decided to get Traktor PRO and map my DJC.4. The only problem is that I can only find one Map online and the map sucks. There is no explanation of the map and alot of the buttons do not work. Does anyone have any advice? I am seriously just considering selling it and buying something more suitable for Traktor. Its just frustrating because the DJC.4 does have alot of good features for the price but it seems like there is no user support for it.

Quote Originally Posted by devildog0905 View Post
    Hello all. I am new to the forum. I recently bought a Stanton DJC.4 and it comes with a 4 deck version of virtual dl LE. After checking the update price of $249 for Virtual DJ PRO and using a friends S2 with Traktor I decided to get Traktor PRO and map my DJC.4. The only problem is that I can only find one Map online and the map sucks. There is no explanation of the map and alot of the buttons do not work. Does anyone have any advice? I am seriously just considering selling it and buying something more suitable for Traktor. Its just frustrating because the DJC.4 does have alot of good features for the price but it seems like there is no user support for it.

I actually made the map. I also left the company to work for Beats a few months ago, and I don't know the current situation with the people there. The mapping has a PDF that I made in the download section, and it won't work if you are using anything before 2.5. I should know, I still use the map regularly, and if it didn't work I think I would have noticed by now. What version of Traktor are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbx View Post
    I actually made the map. I also left the company to work for Beats a few months ago, and I don't know the current situation with the people there. The mapping has a PDF that I made in the download section, and it won't work if you are using anything before 2.5. I should know, I still use the map regularly, and if it didn't work I think I would have noticed by now. What version of Traktor are you using?
    I have the new traktor pro 2.6 with remix decks. Can u give me a link to the map you made with the PDF?

Quote Originally Posted by devildog0905 View Post
    I have the new traktor pro 2.6 with remix decks. Can u give me a link to the map you made with the PDF?
    http://stantondj.com/pdf/products/co....51Mapping.pdf

http://stantondj.com/pdf/products/co...DualSample.tsi

I started on a 2.6 mapping when I left, it might get out someday but I had in my head a total rework that I never had time to finish since I was trying to get the SCS.4DJ firmware in good shape before I left. As it stands, I got flux mode in, fixed a bug that was there if you had your effects set to advanced instead of chained and got rid of the auto-crossfade (with Flux in its place). I always wanted to do a mapping that had the fader FX and such that I designed for the Virtual DJ mapping (I wrote those initial maps myself with the guys at Virtual DJ, it wasn't off the shelf at all) and add some other controllerist features, but it was a matter of time more than anything. If I finish it up I'll post it on DJTT for download, so at least there will be a more modern mapping for owners.

http://stantondj.com/pdf/products/co....51Mapping.pdf

http://stantondj.com/pdf/products/co...DualSample.tsi

I started on a 2.6 mapping when I left, it might get out someday but I had in my head a total rework that I never had time to finish since I was trying to get the SCS.4DJ firmware in good shape before I left. As it stands, I got flux mode in, fixed a bug that was there if you had your effects set to advanced instead of chained and got rid of the auto-crossfade (with Flux in its place). I always wanted to do a mapping that had the fader FX and such that I designed for the Virtual DJ mapping (I wrote those initial maps myself with the guys at Virtual DJ, it wasn't off the shelf at all) and add some other controllerist features, but it was a matter of time more than anything. If I finish it up I'll post it on DJTT for download, so at least there will be a more modern mapping for owners.
    Is there a way to map the VU meters to show channel volumes instead of the master volume levels?

Quote Originally Posted by joemann002 View Post
    Is there a way to map the VU meters to show channel volumes instead of the master volume levels?
    I'll go back and take a look-from what I remember there was something kind of stupid when I tried to do that with the actual unit. I'll give it a go this weekend though.

I'll go back and take a look-from what I remember there was something kind of stupid when I tried to do that with the actual unit. I'll give it a go this weekend though.

Thanks for looking into it.

Ya I'm really liking Traktor Pro mapping with my DJC4 compared to VDJ. The mapping is very responsive as far as when I move knobs or faders it moves on screen at the same time (no sort of delay like I saw with VDJ). I know in the software it shows the channel levels and master outputs, but was hoping to see the channel outputs on the DJC4 hardware as well.

Quote Originally Posted by joemann002 View Post
    Thanks for looking into it.

Ya I'm really liking Traktor Pro mapping with my DJC4 compared to VDJ. The mapping is very responsive as far as when I move knobs or faders it moves on screen at the same time (no sort of delay like I saw with VDJ). I know in the software it shows the channel levels and master outputs, but was hoping to see the channel outputs on the DJC4 hardware as well.
    Its been about one year since I did the mapping, but if I recall it was doing something like having some slightly jumpy channel behavior-totally strange. I'll give it another shot though. I loaned out my DJC.4 a week back, I'll swing by and get it. Might as well work on the mapping a bit.

Its been about one year since I did the mapping, but if I recall it was doing something like having some slightly jumpy channel behavior-totally strange. I'll give it another shot though. I loaned out my DJC.4 a week back, I'll swing by and get it. Might as well work on the mapping a bit.

Did you have any luck? I'm really interested in getting this controller if the VUs can be mapped in Traktor 2.6

Default Mapping

Can you send me the mapping file through a file sharing site. I can't find it and have lost my serial number and support for Virtual DJ isn't helping at all or stanton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast