How to make this synth sound? (hip hop heads!) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

damm these vids bring back some great memories..... music vids used to be more like little movies, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    damm these vids bring back some great memories..... music vids used to be more like little movies, love it!
    :-) some of my favourite tracks there! Ain't the same anymore man!
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    I know its G-funk baby ;-) love it, just looking on how to re-create that classic dre/90s high pitch rap hip hop synth! one of my most favourite eras when that was at its biggest, you a hip hop head too yeah? :-)
    Okay cheers man, will try out what you said! I've got SYLENTH, and a bunch of cool synths, hopefully can get it with them!

Cheers man!! Had a quick look at it he doesnt demonstrate the sound, but im going to follow it in ableton and try it out! If it works i owe ya ;-)
    ---------------

I definitely love that synth sound too..and one of my fav era's of hip hop...I'm lacking in my mp3 collection when it comes to discovering older G-Funk though...on my "to do" list for sure...(let me know in a PM of some blogs or something).

Quote Originally Posted by bthebeat View Post
    ---------------

I definitely love that synth sound too..and one of my fav era's of hip hop...I'm lacking in my mp3 collection when it comes to discovering older G-Funk though...on my "to do" list for sure...(let me know in a PM of some blogs or something).
    For real! Something I need to do to, got lots of CDs though! I'm not aware of many blogs tbh but will keep and eye out! And vice versa ;-)
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

It's a Moog. Give credit...

Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub
    *PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING QSC, YAMAHA, or EV LOUDSPEAKERS*

That's sound 8-) nice one man, I sure remember this track, ha!

Okay, do you know what moog it's from or can they all generate this sound? And is their any moog AU plugins that I can achieve this sound from? I've got a Arturia V Modular (think its a moog plugin) plugin.

Any ideas? CheerS

Sounds like a double-oscillator synth to me, one square wave and one saw wave. Pretty easy to create on pretty much any modern (1990s-onwards) synth out there. Even the old Korg iS40 would do it, although obviously a Trinity/Triton would be better. You could probably do it with some of the tools in Komplete as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12