Finally got part of the setup Ive always wanted.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Finally got part of the setup Ive always wanted.

** UPDATED PICS **

After being bored with the way that digital DJing was going for me, I decided to sell my S4 and pocket the cash to throw down on some Technics.

Im extremely happy with my purchase, been wanting a pair since I started 10 years ago. Definitely gonna need some refurb and modifications but its a big step for me.

Last edited by Janky; 04-25-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Congrats It's always an amazing feeling when you get gear you've wanted for a long time, and I'm sure you're going to get great use out of them!
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Cool, one day ill get a pair of 1200s or 10s, they still look and feel so cool :-)
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Don't mod 'em! Just chuck £100 at the pair and have a full internal service.

1200's are not to be modded - that's what 1210's are for!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

+1
    DJM-750 | 2 x Technics 1200 | Audio 10 | Midifighter Classic | Midifighter Twister | Kontrol X1|  MBP 13"

Tech Mentor

+ 2

(although i did upgrad my pop up lights to blue leds )
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Janky View Post
    After being bored with the way that digital DJing was going for me, I decided to sell my S4 and pocket the cash to throw down on some Technics.

Im extremely happy with my purchase, been wanting a pair since I started 10 years ago. Definitely gonna need some refurb and modifications but its a big step for me.

But now using all that time you had to put into a performance for your set, you get to spend it adjusting tempo, fixing drift, and making sure the songs beat matched for your standard A B Mixing

How is that not MORE boring hehe

Grats on your decks, Ive got a pair of mk5g i havent used in 5 years :/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Hmm, care to elaborate? My plan was to internally ground them, paint them black and upgrade the lighting to LEDs. After the proper research of course.

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    But now using all that time you had to put into a performance for your set, you get to spend it adjusting tempo, fixing drift, and making sure the songs beat matched for your standard A B Mixing

How is that not MORE boring hehe

Grats on your decks, Ive got a pair of mk5g i havent used in 5 years :/
    Not sure how much performance I was putting into an S4 to be honest. Im not a controllerist at all. I actually prefer more A-B mixing with some flair. My overall goal is to add a Rane 62 (switching to Serato) and upgrade my laptop.

The S4 was promoting bad habits i.e. bombarding every track with effects, an obligation to always have at least two tracks running and "proper" use of samples. As a DJ who plays D&B (who have reputations for being stubborn lol) I feel that a track should speak for itself and that returning to the basics of mixing shouldnt be overlooked.

As for the beat matching (drifting and cueing) and conventional mixing, I simply DGAF (with all due respect).

the only difference is the 10's are black iirc?

so..i dont get it

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Janky View Post
    Hmm, care to elaborate? My plan was to internally ground them, paint them black and upgrade the lighting to LEDs. After the proper research of course.

Not sure how much performance I was putting into an S4 to be honest. Im not a controllerist at all. I actually prefer more A-B mixing with some flair. My overall goal is to add a Rane 62 (switching to Serato) and upgrade my laptop.

The S4 was promoting bad habits i.e. bombarding every track with effects, an obligation to always have at least two tracks running and "proper" use of samples. As a DJ who plays D&B (who have reputations for being stubborn lol) I feel that a track should speak for itself and that returning to the basics of mixing shouldnt be overlooked.

As for the beat matching (drifting and cueing) and conventional mixing, I simply DGAF (with all due respect).

Theres some truth to this. Some of the conversations here lack perspective because dj'ing style can and should be genre specific. Drum and bass is busy music. It's not made for "routines." It's made to mix. Even when Craze was doing strictly drum and bass sets, the vast majority was A to B mixing with some scratching.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast