This is Techno ??? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo21 View Post
    I would suggest the reason it has ended up in the Techno genre is down to it being released under the Maetrik name and not Maceo Plex.
    this!

it's just good to be aware of what people call what. progressive house can mean john digweed or swedish house mafia depending on how old you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Maybe you should rethink how you approach digging for music. I can't remember the last time I really browsed by genre categories on any music sites. Usually I find new music by listening to DJ mixes and making notes of tracks I like (shazam is useful if out somewhere and works well a lot of the time)- then browsing based on artists and labels for more similar tracks, then listening to DJ mixes from any new artists I discover that way, that and occasionally I find stuff posted on reddit in various music subs. It's a lot less time consuming and I mostly just listen to new mixes while driving.
    if you can sticky posts, this post should be stickied. that part about reddits and music subs(blogs?) is essential otherwise you'll be stuck with tracks from the dj echo chamber as djs sets tend to support certain tracks/labels/artists. about a year ago i randomly found ReOrder, a slovenian trance dj/label owner who's stuff, as far as i could tell, hadn't been touched by armin and his "armada". i check ReOrder's facebook today and the first post is "thanks armin for playing me on a state of trance". lol.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Well it ain't tech, it ain't techno and it ain't disco, so I just threw it under deep house. It's deep, a little dark and it's bassline was copied from this track which is very house on the funky tip:

>
    has anybody ever dropped this at a club? first time i heard it was on be-at tv and i was definitely caught off guard. i keep thinking this is perfect for a valentine's day set.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Yeah I remember that!
    Even Beyer has started dropping 'deep house' lately now haha
    you can blame his girlfriend ida engberg for that. they were chilling behind carl cox and during his set. adam definitely hit the jackpot.

Adam Beyer managed to euthanize an entire pool party at WMC. SLS Hotel.
    Maybe he should play more deep house when the sun is blazing and the bikinis are wet.
    i think he was determined to spread "deep techno" this year. i was watching his ultra set and i was waiting for the techno tracks with fireworks and he didn't drop any. his set at treehouse definitely had the "berghain" feel.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassdj View Post
    i think he was determined to spread "deep techno" this year. i was watching his ultra set and i was waiting for the techno tracks with fireworks and he didn't drop any. his set at treehouse definitely had the "berghain" feel.
    How was the Drumcode night at treehouse? It was sold out weeks before and I didn't feel like going over there and paying outrageous prices trying to get in at the door.

this!

it's just good to be aware of what people call what. progressive house can mean john digweed or swedish house mafia depending on how old you are.

if you can sticky posts, this post should be stickied. that part about reddits and music subs(blogs?) is essential otherwise you'll be stuck with tracks from the dj echo chamber as djs sets tend to support certain tracks/labels/artists. about a year ago i randomly found ReOrder, a slovenian trance dj/label owner who's stuff, as far as i could tell, hadn't been touched by armin and his "armada". i check ReOrder's facebook today and the first post is "thanks armin for playing me on a state of trance". lol.

has anybody ever dropped this at a club? first time i heard it was on be-at tv and i was definitely caught off guard. i keep thinking this is perfect for a valentine's day set.

you can blame his girlfriend ida engberg for that. they were chilling behind carl cox and during his set. adam definitely hit the jackpot.

THAT TRACK!!!!!! Ahhhhh haha, I've had it in my bag for ages, but have never played it out!! I play it at home, but then my old man comes in demanding it turned off haha its SO fucking rude, like os explicit, Good'ol Mike Dunne lol
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    How was the Drumcode night at treehouse? It was sold out weeks before and I didn't feel like going over there and paying outrageous prices trying to get in at the door.
    if heavy minimal techno without the fancy stuff is what you're into then it would have been worth it. they really delivered on that front. when i say worth it i'm assuming tickets weren't like $200 each. how much were they?

during ultra last year i ran into a guy whose rich friends paid $600 to get him into LIV for tiesto. he showed me some pics of it and i was like, i wouldn't pay that much to get in anywhere, even if i was rich.

treehouse looked like a pretty small club. i don't think they could have given the kind of fancy show they gave at the gashouder in amsterdam last year. both shows are on be-at tv. you should check them out.

if heavy minimal techno without the fancy stuff is what you're into then it would have been worth it. they really delivered on that front. when i say worth it i'm assuming tickets weren't like $200 each. how much were they?

during ultra last year i ran into a guy whose rich friends paid $600 to get him into LIV for tiesto. he showed me some pics of it and i was like, i wouldn't pay that much to get in anywhere, even if i was rich.

treehouse looked like a pretty small club. i don't think they could have given the kind of fancy show they gave at the gashouder in amsterdam last year. both shows are on be-at tv. you should check them out.

Oh you weren't there and just saw it on be-at-tv? That's cool I didn't know it was on there. I doubt tickets would have been anywhere near that at the door- treehouse is a pretty cool down to earth club that doesn't pull stuff like that. I think tickets originally went up to like $40 before they sold out- at the door they would have been probably at most like $80-$90, could have been less though.

I heard people were paying $10,000 and up for a table at STORY on Saturday night.

Luciano from IBIZA was playing. I heard his set was great. Tribal Tech House Iberican stuff.

>

Tech Guru

Wow, that Luciano from IBIZA. All time.

I heard people were paying $10,000 and up for a table at STORY on Saturday night.

Luciano from IBIZA was playing. I heard his set was great. Tribal Tech House Iberican stuff.

>
    $10k? whoa. reminds me of that story about dennis ferrer getting kicked off the decks in vegas. supposedly the complaints came from people who paid $5000 each for tables.

Tech Guru

$10k? whoa. reminds me of that story about dennis ferrer getting kicked off the decks in vegas. supposedly the complaints came from people who paid $5000 each for tables.
    That's about the right price for tables at LIV and Story depending who's playing, where the table is and how big your party is.

.....and they are booked every weekend.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

That tune is definitely gabber, OP

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast