Album Artwork: Your thoughts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Album Artwork: Your thoughts

Recently i have been go through my music library cleaning up and adding ID3 details, and one things on the list was adding missing artwork. I know its long and tedious but i have little "OCD" when it comes to that. In the process i found some tracks especially with reggae and dance-hall where hard to find so I was comfortable leaving them blank, however I discovered all lot of artist do not all lot of effort in their artwork and as result some albums with crappy artwork seemed to not have the same appeal as they did before and ones with creative concepts climbed up the list.

PUNCHLINE: Do you find that album art could influence the music you end up buying and/or how feel about the music?

absolutely not (for me)
    i never cared much about the album art but i did take time to check it out
    Always seemd there were some hidden meanings in the artwork but it never made a differance if i like the track or not

Tech Mentor

I have definitely noticed that I feel more inclined to pick tracks with professional looking artwork during a set, especially compared to songs that don't have any artwork at all. Mainly I just like having artwork on tracks because it's one more way for me to remember a song.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortango View Post
    Mainly I just like having artwork on tracks because it's one more way for me to remember a song.
    ^this^

At a record store I find myself checking out new music with cool artwork much faster than records without any artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortango View Post
    Mainly I just like having artwork on tracks because it's one more way for me to remember a song.
    This could really help a lot. With vinyl mixes I really associate tracks that mix well into each other with their records as physical objects instead of the track ID. I don't know if I'm making sense right now.

Some of my all time favourite tracks are ones that I do not even know the name of! Some are b-sides, and some are ONLY recognisable by the record sleeve.

It's hard for me - 'cos I've never used album artwork for digital DJ'ing, and if I ever do, I'm gonna have a hell of a time tracking down the artwork for all of my tracks...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Mabonzo View Post
    PUNCHLINE: Do you find that album art could influence the music you end up buying and/or how feel about the music?
    Yes of course it can.

Also if you use traktor and are missing tag info/artwork use trainspoter. Takes a little to get used to learning and you need to fiddle with it but it is great and pulls tags and artwork from beatport/discogs. Nearly all of my tracks have proper tags and art and I use artwork a lot in traktor.

http://www.tspotter.net/

Tech Mentor

I'm a bit of the same with music library OCD.

Album art is not important to what I buy. HOWEVER, working in a record store and being a perpetual digger, if I see a cool album cover I'll always pick it up and give it a listen. So does it influence my buying? Maybe to an extent.

If it has a decent album artwork I'm more likely to give it a listen first. Don't get me wrong it's not super important. I'll still listen to the tracks with bland artwork or no artwork at all. All my tracks have album artwork though because I'm super particular about my music collection.
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

not since i stopped buying tool cds
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast