I've taken the plunge!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default I've taken the plunge!

BGdlwvNCYAE4Amq.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality phone snap :P

I spent ages in the shop, they must have wanted to murder me. I b2b'd the S4, the T1 and the 4TRAK, and for me, the S4 was just perfect. Everything is spaced right, the buttons are actually delightful, at first they repulsed me. the 4TRAK was really nice, felt great, and admittedly the metal chassis did come across more suitable for road use than the S4... But it's absolutely massive. I just couldn't see myself rocking up the club with a coffin, and then whipping out that monster. I don't think any DJ booth I've ever worked in could fit that thing!

I guess now I have to make one of the pointless sigs that lists my gear? :P

EDIT: Also forgot, only had it home for an hour-ish, first thing I did was map flux mode. So easy to map this thing, everything is labelled exact! I'm just sat here drooling on it now.
    Last edited by Sambo; 03-28-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Awesome!

About to buy a VCI-400 here, so I'm sort of taking a plunge as well :P It is second hand though, so not quite as pricey.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by UndefinedBehaviour View Post
    Awesome!

About to buy a VCI-400 here, so I'm sort of taking a plunge as well :P It is second hand though, so not quite as pricey.
    To be honest I think anything over £150 is a plunge with the current economy. I was looking at those originally, really wanted to try one, I used a friends 300 and the jog wheels where sublime. I'm a try before I buy kind of guy though so. Woo for plunges!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    the buttons are actually delightful, at first they repulsed me.
    Be sure to check all those buttons work nicely (now, and every month until your warranty is out). Especially the small round ones.
    I had 3 faulty buttons on my last S4, all on separate sections of the controller.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

now you just need to get yourself some Croma Caps
    i got the purple ones

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Be sure to check all those buttons work nicely (now, and every month until your warranty is out). Especially the small round ones.
    I had 3 faulty buttons on my last S4, all on separate sections of the controller.
    Yeah the load/deck buttons are weird, like the button is too small for the hole. But thanks for the word of warning!

And I don't really want chromacaps, I like the all black Dath Vader thing it's got going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Yeah the load/deck buttons are weird, like the button is too small for the hole.
    i think that design was so you dont load a track to a deck by mistake
    if youll notice, the button is also submerged into the whole

Tech Guru

It's fairly obvious the ring around the button is to prevent accidental presses, but the design itself is cheap and the button does not fill the gap properly.

That exact button on my last S4 only worked if you pressed it diagonally; pressing straight down had no effect.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Well I've been smashing it for a good few hours now and I've actually just broke something.

Just kidding, it's fine! What a beautiful piece of equipment. I'm blown away by the jogs. I honestly didn't think I'd care for jog wheels as much as I do right now. Just unreal how good they feel. If they had a tension adjustment, they would probably the greatest thing since the internet was invented. For me, anyways.

Tech Convert

right about that bro. I wish it could have been bigger though. But hopping from the biggie jogwheeled Mixtrack to the S4, it's an entirely different world!
    Traktor S4, 2x Traktor X1, 2x Technics 1200, 2x Numark TTX, 2x CDJ1000, 2x CDJ 800, A&H Xone 22, Pioneer DJM 600, Numark Mixtrack
    Check out my mixes:
    http://www.mixcrate.com/deckzmator/dj_mixes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast