I've taken the plunge! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lovely piece of equipment. I have the s2, and after 2 months, had some issues with the load deck button.

Love it to pieces, but keep an eye out for that whilst it is still in warranty

S2, F1, TP2, Zomo HD1200

http://soundcloud.com/sam-hulley

Tech Guru

After a good amount of time smashing it last night, I started experiencing audio spikes where it lagged for 5/6 seconds at most, every 30-60 minutes, randomly, so currently running LatencyMon trying to figure out what it is. Think I've narrowed it down to Intel Rapid Store. I had two remix decks running full and two track decks running with 4 delays on each deck earlier , really trying to push it to the max, and the load meter barely even sneezed, and the latency is.. Well nothing I don't think. I plugged it in and straight out the box it seemed instantaneous. Just a pity with Windows systems other manufacturers start putting their own weird programs on that mess with your system.

Amazing controller though. Seriously impressed!
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Guru

If you haven't updated Intel Rapid Store, they hda a bug where it kept consuming more and more memory.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    If you haven't updated Intel Rapid Store, they hda a bug where it kept consuming more and more memory.
    How recent was that? I can't remember willingly updating it, but Windows 8 seems to update itself all the time. My chipset and BIOS are all up to date. Just ran LanteyMon fine for a good 40 minutes before it spiked again, must have been everything at once, disabled ACPI, TCP/IP and uninstalled Intel device manager and now the bar is barely budging at all.

Does it consume more and more memory as in, it just keeps eating and growing? Because this was literally just an occasional spike, but it made two other drivers take up massive chunks as well. In fact, the TCP/IP has really taken a huge chunk out of the latency.

HOLY, Something just spiked it up to 996 uS... but the drivers, only two of them are 0.1.. In fact it could run every value on there all at once and it wouldn't come anywhere close to 0.996... What on earth could that be?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    How recent was that? I can't remember willingly updating it, but Windows 8 seems to update itself all the time. My chipset and BIOS are all up to date. Just ran LanteyMon fine for a good 40 minutes before it spiked again, must have been everything at once, disabled ACPI, TCP/IP and uninstalled Intel device manager and now the bar is barely budging at all.

Does it consume more and more memory as in, it just keeps eating and growing? Because this was literally just an occasional spike, but it made two other drivers take up massive chunks as well. In fact, the TCP/IP has really taken a huge chunk out of the latency.

HOLY, Something just spiked it up to 996 uS... but the drivers, only two of them are 0.1.. In fact it could run every value on there all at once and it wouldn't come anywhere close to 0.996... What on earth could that be?

Tech Guru

It'll just keep taking more and more of your resources the longer your computer is on.

You'll see it in your task manager. If it's nto one of the top memory hoggers then you probably have it updated. It won't get updated with Windows updates though.

Tech Guru

Well it's gone now so, never mind. And my computer seems to be running faster. I think I may have found a likely culprit though, I think my HDD might have been falling asleep. We'll see how it goes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12