vci-100 right platter
    Tech Convert

Default vci-100 right platter

so i unscrewed the platters to clean my vci-100. i rescrewed the platters on but now only the left side is responsive. the right platter is extremely delayed and you cant really run a track forward by spinning the platter clockwise or counter clockwise for the matter. unscrewed everything and just spun the gold platter thing underneath and that doesnt really work either.

any suggestions? thanks

As obvious it may sound, make sure you check that the sensibility knob on the back of your VCI is correctly adjusted. Maybe after you cleaned it is extra sensible now. When you touch the platter do you get the sensor light on?

Tech Convert

ya i did i checked them and moved them around a bit, and the lights do change from red to blue when i touch.

Ok but now take a look at the data led and the sensor led. Do they turn on when you touch the right platter? Do they turn off inmediately after you release the platter? If there is a lag there, the most posible issue is sensibility adjusment. Move it to the most sensible position and touch the platter, when you release it the sensor led will continue to be on for a while, move the knob untill the led turns off at the same moment that you release the platter.

Also make sure that your vci specially the platter is well ensambled when you do the test if not the touch platter may not act as expected.

Also what is the software reaction to the platter?
    Last edited by alien2k; 08-27-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Tech Convert

so i looked at the platter and tried it out and it was mad delaying so i adjusted the sensibility at the back and it does react instantly now but i tested it in traktor pro and its still slow. and side note frigen heck and white knob fell off the what the heck...

Quote Originally Posted by i3urton31
    tried it out and it was mad delaying so i adjusted the sensibility at the back
    can i PLZ put this in my sig? haha you made my day with that. no offense intended!
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition