Buying turntables which to get?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Buying turntables which to get?

I'm new to turntables and a beginner. I know technics are good, but can't really put the dough up for a pair. Any suggestions for something cheaper that functions as good as technics?

Tech Convert

Numark TTX or Stanton T series, lots of torque, looks more modern too
    Traktor S4, 2x Traktor X1, 2x Technics 1200, 2x Numark TTX, 2x CDJ1000, 2x CDJ 800, A&H Xone 22, Pioneer DJM 600, Numark Mixtrack
    Check out my mixes:
    http://www.mixcrate.com/deckzmator/dj_mixes

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DeckZmator View Post
    Numark TTX or Stanton T series, lots of torque, looks more modern too
    Numark TTX is $390 on amazon, my Technics mk3 were ~$300 each. Mk2 goes for even less.

OP: how much are you looking to spend for the pair?

Tech Convert

Techs have more resale value compared to the TTX and other brands in the long run. If you are really looking for an entry level, direct drive mate, you can start off with really cheap ones like the Stanton T60's or T62 or other equivalent gear. I think they go for around a hundred dollars or cheaper each. They are plasticky, but with some good torque.
    Last edited by DeckZmator; 03-29-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    Traktor S4, 2x Traktor X1, 2x Technics 1200, 2x Numark TTX, 2x CDJ1000, 2x CDJ 800, A&H Xone 22, Pioneer DJM 600, Numark Mixtrack
    Check out my mixes:
    http://www.mixcrate.com/deckzmator/dj_mixes

Tech Mentor

What are you looking to do as a Beginner? Are you trying to be a hip hop, scratch DJ, the typical EDM Pop DJ... You wont find anything cheaper that functions as well as technic. THats why they are so expensive.

Ive never understood why in 2013 people are so affectionate with buying turntables. Yes its the original skill. Yes it may help, it may not. But with the money that can be spent on those two turntables, a controller with traktor and a basic soundcard can be had as well.

Easily mobile. Cheaper to build your catalog, much more expressive and creative freedom.

If you REALLY want to go turntables. I recommend Stanton Str80s (Belt Drive, about 120 bucks). I see no reason in a bedroom beginner DJ buying 250 to 400 dollar turntables. When in reality, if you finally get gigs, will most likely be performing on CDJs. (Or the others of us who bring a backpack with ourlaptop and two controllers and are ready to spin a week worth of music hehe).

Do you already own a DVS system, and a mixer? If so, why the need for the turntables? If not, have you put any thought into the mixer you are thinking about?

Tech Wizard
    Last edited by pigeontoad; 03-29-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Tech Convert

Yea I'm not really trying to break the bank, but I wanna learn to scratch. I was thinking bout getting a z2 mixer as well

Tech Convert

I like the feel of real turntables for scratching too

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JetPak View Post
    Yea I'm not really trying to break the bank, but I wanna learn to scratch. I was thinking bout getting a z2 mixer as well
    If you want to learn to scratch then forget the fancy mixer. Spend your money on the most important parts, the decks.
    Get a cheap mixer for little money and some decent decks and just hammer away. Then when you outgrow the mixer sell it to another beginner for the price you paid (thus losing no money) and then and only then look at expensive mixers.

This is your first mixer: http://www.djtechpro.com/product_det...product_id=629

You do not need an expensive mixer to begin with. Decent decks are essential.

That DJ Tech mixer is ridiculous value for money. A complete 2 channel mixer with innofader x-fader, for the price of an innofader???

Crazy.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast