Pioneer DJM-800 as a TRK EFXs Controller
    Tech Mentor

Default Pioneer DJM-800 as a TRK EFXs Controller

Right,

I'm doing a Mapping for Pioneer's DJM-800 so that you can use it to control Traktors EFXs.
    The basic principle is that most people will only use 2 decks (say Ch 2 and 4 on the Mixer) so basically I'm setting Ch1 to control most Parameters on EFX1 and CH 4 for EFX2.
    I'll gladly share this when I'm donne but right now I still have some questions that I wanted to put out in order to get some help...

1st - The cue button (using to change efex pannel type) send a MIDI CC with value 0 and on the second press with value 127 ... You can I use this for two distict messages (functions)?

Right now I have to press the button twice to get from one panel mode to the other (this is the same for other buttons aswell)

Is there a way to tag certain messages so that the LEDS turn on and off ? .. for instance, have the cue button light up for the Advanced panel and turn off for the other?

BTW I cannot change the MIDI Messages on default DJM-800 MIDI Settings for each control.

Can Anyone point me at documents for this (or where does the TK manual covers all midi types/ modes/ etc...)

PS - I am doing this mapping in a way so that you can still use the colour and djm800 efx (on the real audio channels - 2 and 4 -) + the Traktor efxs aswell ...

Ps 2 - Later on I will try to get one mapping so that you have total control over Traktor Use the internal mixer + efx+ loops+ move ... hopefully all from the DJM-800... this will require the decks to run in sync on internal clock!

Thanks in Advance,

Cheers,

Z

Tech Mentor

Any1 wanna volunteer for a test drive..?? It's all done but I wanted to have some opinions and tips / views for better, more ergonomically or practical ways, that I might have overlooked...

Right now I need to translate the all pdf file from Portuguese into Brit., as I intend to distribute freely!

Lemme Know,

zm@mk2.pt.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Z

Tech Student

Hi. I dont think im as experianced as yourself, but we seem to be having the same sort of problems. I own a DJM 700. As far as i know from work its exactly the same midi interface under the skin as the 800. But the 800 has independant channell controls and bitsa nd pieces. Im mapping the same as you in the sense that were using 2 decks. And assigning the controls - Effects then deck - Effects then deck.

To answer question 1 you need a MACRO to set up (a macro is a midi signal that applies two or more functions to the same button or knob of slider) two or more fuctions at once. I thinks its easier to set up macro funtions using hotkeys rather than a midi controller such as a DJM 700 which isnt a midi controller at all its a mixer with full midi funtions.

Would love to give it a test drive if its available.

Get in touch!!!

Lets spread some beats!!!

Tech Mentor

Hey Man...

I am using 1 Modifier... to do what more or less what u defined as Macro.
    My all point is to not touch the keyboard (unless for other stuff ... like loading tracks and such)...

I was thinking of later donw the road adapting my mapping to the 700 but the lack of some knobs (like colour effect) will render that impossible unless you use more modifiers and maybe still, you'd have to use some stuff that might interfere with your other 2 decks mixing (and using the DJMs effects at the same time...)

Mail me zm@mk2.pt and I'll send you what I have ... the pdf I'll give to ya later ...

Cheers for the help,

Z