Help setting up my configuration

Default Help setting up my configuration

Hi everyone fellas, i have a very important question. About 2 years ago i bought a simple hercules dj control mp3 e2, but just recently i got really interested in scratching and i practice 4-5 hours per day, so im pretty serious about it now! The problem is that scratching with my control mp3 e2 jogwheel is not a real fulfilling experience, you know what i mean... so id really like to buy some timecode and start scratching "for real". I've read various things online but i only found tutorials for connecting the timecode to a soundcard and a mixer, but i dont want to buy a mixer! I just need one single timecode (i can route it to various decks in virtual dj). So, my question is, Can i use the timecode with the internal mixer (the one that i can control with what i already have, my dj control mp3 e2)? If yes i would just need to buy the timecode and an usb sound card right? BTW i have a realtek 5.1 surround system, so cant i just buy the timecode and connect it to my system withouth an usb soundcard? I really have no idea, it's complex for a newbe

I believe you're mixing stuff together...Here are my suggestions, not considering your budget.

1. Get a turntable. I mean, it's the obvious thing to do. A turntable and a timecode vinyl is not the same thing...
    2. Decide which software you'll be using, I'm assuming Virtual DJ will be your choice. Consider how much it will cost you to upgrade to the Pro/Scratch version to be able to actually scratch.
    3. Check your controller. Do you have any inputs on it? If I read the right thing, you don't. That mean you need a sound card. If you had a Traktor S4 or some similar products, you wouldn't need a sound card, but in your case, you will because you need to somehow connect the turntable to your computer.
    4. Get the specific timecode vinyls for your software.
    5. Plug in the turntable to your soundcard, your amp to the soundcard, the sound card to the computer and your controller to the computer. Route everything so that you input from the sound card and output to it.

It's quite easy to do. You'll need to invest some money. If you want my advice, before starting to scratch, invest in a better controller. I don't care which one but with what you have right now, it's not worth starting to scratch before you upgrade.

Questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

Quote Originally Posted by julamy0109 View Post
    I believe you're mixing stuff together...Here are my suggestions, not considering your budget.

1. Get a turntable. I mean, it's the obvious thing to do. A turntable and a timecode vinyl is not the same thing...
    2. Decide which software you'll be using, I'm assuming Virtual DJ will be your choice. Consider how much it will cost you to upgrade to the Pro/Scratch version to be able to actually scratch.
    3. Check your controller. Do you have any inputs on it? If I read the right thing, you don't. That mean you need a sound card. If you had a Traktor S4 or some similar products, you wouldn't need a sound card, but in your case, you will because you need to somehow connect the turntable to your computer.
    4. Get the specific timecode vinyls for your software.
    5. Plug in the turntable to your soundcard, your amp to the soundcard, the sound card to the computer and your controller to the computer. Route everything so that you input from the sound card and output to it.

It's quite easy to do. You'll need to invest some money. If you want my advice, before starting to scratch, invest in a better controller. I don't care which one but with what you have right now, it's not worth starting to scratch before you upgrade.

Questions?

Ok, but can i use my internal mixer (the one i control with my midi controller, basically the virtual mixer on the software) with a turntable?

Yes, with the right equipment.
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.

Explain what you mean with the right equipment :/

Read my first answer. With the controller you have that doesn't include a sound card, you'll need one And you'll need timecode vinyls to match your software. And a turntable. My turntables were plugged into my Audio 8 DJ, and I controlled them with my Traktor S2 and Traktor Scratch Pro. That's what I mean by the right equipment. You have to research this, and get a decent controller, something that is more than just a "toy".