New Set-up suggestions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Set-up suggestions

First of all, hi there, I have been thinking getting whole new different setup, at the moment I own, pair of Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 700 and pair of traktor F1's, I dont like the feel of CDJ's , creativity is here, but feel so limited, so planning to sell everything except F1's and had ideas for new set -up, so here it goes, i was planning on getting Allen Heath Xone db4, Maschine, Pioneer rmx 1000 and pair of F1's that i currently own, so whole idea is this, use F1's as Deck A and B, use Maschine with Ableton but route to traktor pro, I know what is pioneer rmx 1000 capable of, so i think it would be good to have it, so here it is, any general thoughts?

I know its kinda irrelevant using Maschine in ableton and route to traktor pro, but its my general ideas to combine both programs and have alot of control on your hands,i'm not looking to PRODUCE live or something like that, i'm looking just to have more control over tracks, there is good example - Richie Hawtin.

quite a weird setup in my opinion and overkill,

Xone db4 is a lovely mixer but might be overkill considering your going to be mixing in internal mode... same goes to machine if you only want it as midi controller rather than a production DAW - there are probably cheaper alternatives you could go for.

your DJM700 is midi map able so you could just map it with the 2 F1's you already have..

so you want to mix in ableton and traktor?

if you want more control over ableton way to go is a launch pad or apc20/40 or the lovely livid OhmRGB

or an ipad!!
    Last edited by MRG12EG; 03-30-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Well, I don't want to mix internally, no no, big no

Quote Originally Posted by MockusD View Post
    Well, I don't want to mix internally, no no, big no
    my fav type of setup is like James Zabiela (ignoring the actual hardware he uses) hes got a traditional cdj or 2 deck setup but runs it along side ableton for mashups.

i'm not 100% sure what your trying to achieve can you explain more on what you wanna do...

First of all would I be able to use db4 as external mixer in traktor? and get sound output and control decks with F1's?

Tech Mentor

You should know the XoneB4 doesn't have FX send/return (it has already 4 FX units, I think). You can actually get the RMX1000 to work with the DB4, but it's a little bit difficult and dangerous for the unit, also it doesn't allow you to work with the 4 channels. However I like how your setup is going to be!

Tech Guru

If you're using Ableton I think you can use the RMX 1000 entirely through software VSTs.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by MockusD View Post
    First of all, hi there, I have been thinking getting whole new different setup, at the moment I own, pair of Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 700 and pair of traktor F1's, I dont like the feel of CDJ's , creativity is here, but feel so limited, so planning to sell everything except F1's and had ideas for new set -up, so here it goes, i was planning on getting Allen Heath Xone db4, Maschine, Pioneer rmx 1000 and pair of F1's that i currently own, so whole idea is this, use F1's as Deck A and B, use Maschine with Ableton but route to traktor pro, I know what is pioneer rmx 1000 capable of, so i think it would be good to have it, so here it is, any general thoughts?

I know its kinda irrelevant using Maschine in ableton and route to traktor pro, but its my general ideas to combine both programs and have alot of control on your hands,i'm not looking to PRODUCE live or something like that, i'm looking just to have more control over tracks, there is good example - Richie Hawtin.
    I know what you want, I kinda want the same, minus the RMX-1000 and second F1. You'll have two options here:

1. Xone 92, RMX-1000, Kontrol F1's and Maschine plus a 5/6-channel soundcard (Traktor Audio 10). The RMX-1000 is a Send/Return FX unit, it gives feedback (Return) on the sound you're letting through from your mixer (Send). With the Xone 92, you'll have more control over the FX channel opposed to a Pioneer Mixer. That's where the 2 channels on the left of the Xone 92 come in handy. So by this setup you could have 4 Traktor Decks and 1 FX Send/Return channel and maybe route the output of Maschine (Ableton) to channel 3 or 4 on your Xone mixer. Would have been nice if Traktor brings out a Traktor Audio 12, so you'll have 6 separate channels, but unfortunately you'll have to get a 19 inch soundcard then (something like the Echo Audiofire 12).
    2. The other option would be a Xone DB4 with the Maschine and two F1's, without the RMX-1000. The FX units on the Xone DB4 are a couple of leagues above the FX on the RMX-1000, but they're more studio like FX. I'm talking out of my own experience here, I don't like the RMX-1000 that much - especially given the ridiculously high price. With this setup you can route each Traktor deck via USB (so no need for an external soundcard) and route the Maschine (Ableton) output to channel 3 or 4 on the mixer. Or you could buy a two-channel soundcard like the Traktor Audio 2 or purchase a Xone K2 (with build-in soundcard) and route the Maschine (Ableton) output to the MIC channel on the Xone DB4.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by MRG12EG View Post
    quite a weird setup in my opinion and overkill,

Xone db4 is a lovely mixer but might be overkill considering your going to be mixing in internal mode... same goes to machine if you only want it as midi controller rather than a production DAW - there are probably cheaper alternatives you could go for.

your DJM700 is midi map able so you could just map it with the 2 F1's you already have..

so you want to mix in ableton and traktor?

if you want more control over ableton way to go is a launch pad or apc20/40 or the lovely livid OhmRGB

or an ipad!!
    You're not getting the idea here. Where did you read he wants to mix internally?
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

ok educate me what you going use the Maschine for?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast