New Dubstep Track Please Listen!!
    Tech Mentor

Default New Dubstep Track Please Listen!!

Please listen and share and any feedback is appreciated!!

Tech Mentor

man its dope I really like it. Can't even give you constructive criticism. just dope.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Moved to correct forum
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

at around 3:00 you bring the piano back in. I feel like the bassline loses some power when you do that because you're bringing back elements from the lower energy sections of the song. Have you considered possibly adding some highhats or cymbals on the quarter notes instead to add some more energy? I'm not a pro or anything, I just think that would sound good.

Cool basslines btw. I'm personally not a fan of 8 bit type bleeps though.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Mentor

Hi!

Good realization there. Adding the piano was actually something I self debated for a good amount of time. But since the bassline "i felt" was so "straight" and lacking harmonics I decided it needed some melody there. At first I tried adding some chords there but that added too many harmonics and was seriously hindering the energy.

Was thinking about adding some speedy hats there like you said but liked the calming feel of the piano so I ended up sticking with that.

Also I felt that the piano smoothed the transition into the next 8 bars.

Thanks for your comments really appreciate the feedback. If I ever go back to this track ill try adding those hats and hear how that sounds!

Got to agree with Dj Asand, otherwise too friggin awesome, as always
    Dj: Behringer cmd studio 4a, Akai LPD8, Pioneer HDJ-500, Traktor 2

Producing: Oxygen 49, Akai LPD8, Fl Studio

Is a good track. My recommendation would be to maybe rework the piano. I have no problem with it coming back in, but it is very repetitive and the patch is a bit small/cheap sounding. I would either distort it a bit and maybe throw a bandpass on it to make it sound super cheap or build those notes out into some chords and use a more acoustic sounding patch. Regardless, very well composed.
    I'm a bit of a graphic designer too. Check out my producer/DJ inspired T-shirt designs at:
    http://desiderata.wordans.com

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the reply's this is some helpful info. The piano patch is a preset I believe from cakewalk' Zeta 2. Didn't sound cheap to me at first but now that you mention it I can see where your coming from. I will keep this in mind next time I use a piano, usually I try and leave the piano sounds with the least dynamic processing since its frequency sits in the mid range I like those frequencies to flow. But ill try distorting it a bit next time add some grit