new producer

Thread: new producer

Default new producer

whats up guys! I am just new into producing and I am debating wether I should get logic pro, ableton live intro or cubase 6 elementS! please guys help me with your opinions!

peace out!

You should just try the demos versions of Live and Cubase for yourself.

I highly recommend Live.

theres a thread like this every week.

1. scour the thread for the hundreds of start up producer threads. hell, even I posted one like a year go.

2. download the free trials to all of em, spend a week learning the nuances of each. find one that suits your style, and delve deeper in that DAW.

Ive found the iPad has some cheap full service DAWs u can get ur feet wet with, most notably beatmaker 2. good luck
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Tech Mentor

what I recommend to you is to download the demos of the softwares. You shall pick the one that has the best workflow (is that a word? xD) for you, the one that makes you feel comfortable and the one that makes you have the most fun while playing with it.

If you're a little bit lost musically, I recommend Live. There are TONS of samples bundled with the software so you can't start directly with producing (and maybe performing).
    If you don't have too much knowledge about working with DAWs and stuff, I also would recommend you FL Studio 10. It's the one I work with and it's SUPER EASY to work with, at least for me. But if you can manage all the computer stuff, you can get Logic or Cubase (which are pretty similar, I guess) and you'll kick it.

Tech Mentor

try all the demos and/or lite versions.

Also, though you didn't mention it...If you were looking at picking up some gear, check and see if any of them are bundled with DAWs. usually they are the lite versions but you can always cross grade if you like it.

I personally find that of all DAW's, Ableton has the best workflow.
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf